| ||VS. || |
The Rangers face-off against the Buffalo Sabres tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), to close out their back-to-back set. The Blueshirts currently sit atop the Eastern Conference standings, and rank third in the league overall, with a record of 38-15-6 (82 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having been defeated by the New York Islanders, 4-3, in the shootout on Friday night at Nassau Coliseum, and are now 9-3-2 in their last 14 games. The Blueshirts are 21-7-2 in their last 30 contests, dating back to Dec. 17, and have registered at least one point in 39 of their last 51 games since Oct. 29 (35-12-4) after beginning the season with a 3-3-2 mark. The Sabres enter the contest with a 27-27-7 (61 pts) record to rank 11th in the Eastern Conference, and have won their last three games. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the New Jersey Devils on Monday, Feb. 27, at Madison Square Garden (7:30 p.m.), in an Atlantic Division match-up. Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG Network with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 214.Rangers vs. Sabres Pregame Notes
* Seven of the last 10 meetings between the Rangers and Sabres have been decided by one goal.
* New York ranks seventh with a 19-7-2 (40 pts) record at home; Buffalo ranks 26th with a 11-16-0 (22 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 7-5-1 vs. the Northeast Division; the Sabres are 5-9-2 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* The Rangers list one former Sabre on their roster: Martin Biron
(1995-96 to 2006-07).
* Buffalo lists no former Rangers on its roster.All Time -- Rangers vs. Sabres
At MSG: 33-27-15-3
At Buffalo: 26-44-10-22011-12 Rangers vs. Buffalo
Dec. 10 Rangers 4, Sabres 1 at Buffalo
Feb. 1 Rangers 1, Sabres 0 (SO) at Buffalo
Feb. 25 Rangers vs. Sabres at MSG
March 23 Rangers vs. Sabres at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Feb. 25 Rangers vs. Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Feb. 27 Rangers vs. New Jersey, 7:30 p.m.
March 1 Rangers at Carolina, 7 p.m.
March 2 Rangers at Tampa Bay, 7:30 p.m.
March 4 Rangers vs. Boston, 12:30 p.m.Injuries
* Michael Sauer
has missed 35 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5.
* The Rangers have lost 177 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.