| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will face-off against the Buffalo Sabres tonight, Nov. 11, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in the third game of their four-game homestand. The Blueshirts currently rank second in the Atlantic Division standings, and eighth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 7-7-1 (15 pts). The Rangers enter tonight's contest having been defeated by the Washington Capitals, 5-3, on Tuesday at Madison Square Garden, and are now 0-2-0 on the four-game homestand. The Sabres enter the contest with a 5-9-2 (12 pts) record to rank 13th in the Eastern Conference, and have won their last two games in the shootout after losing each of their previous five contests. Following tonight's game, the Rangers will conclude their longest homestand of the season when they host the Edmonton Oilers on Sunday, Nov. 14, at Madison Square Garden (12:30 p.m.), in a matinee match-up.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight’s game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 204.Rangers vs. Buffalo Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers' six goals registered at Buffalo on Oct. 9 represents the most scored by New York in a single game this season.
* New York ranks 26th in the NHL at home with a record of 2-5-1 (5 pts) in eight games; Buffalo has posted a record of 4-3-1 (9 pts) in eight road games tying for eighth in the league .
* The Rangers have posted a record of 4-0-1 vs. the Northeast Division; the Sabres have registered a 1-2-1 mark vs. Atlantic Division opponents.
* Henrik Lundqvist
is 1-0-0 with a 3.00 goals against average and .917 save percentage in one contest vs. Buffalo this season, and is now 8-6-2 with a 2.49 goals against average in 16 career regular season games against the Sabres; Martin Biron
is 7-3-1 with a 2.89 goals against average and two shutouts in 12 career regular season appearances vs. Buffalo .
* Derek Stepan
leads the Rangers in scoring with three goals in one game vs. Buffalo in the season series.
* Brandon Dubinsky
has registered 13 points (six goals, seven assists) in 11 career regular season contests vs. Buffalo; Todd White has notched 12 goals in 30 career appearances vs. the Sabres/
* New York lists two former Sabres on jts roster: Biron (1995-96 to 2006-07); Chris Drury (2003-04 to 2006-07).
* Buffalo lists no former Rangers on its roster.All Time -- Rangers vs. Sabres
At MSG: 32-26-15-3
At Buffalo: 24-43-10-22010-11 Rangers vs. Buffalo
Oct. 9 Rangers 6, Sabres 3 at Buffalo
Nov. 11 Rangers vs. Sabres at MSG
March 1 Rangers vs. Sabres at MSG
March 30 Rangers vs. Sabres at BuffaloUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Nov. 11 Rangers vs. Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Nov. 14 Rangers vs. Edmonton, 12:30 p.m.
Nov. 15 Rangers at Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
Nov. 17 Rangers vs. Boston, 7 p.m.
Nov. 19 Rangers at Colorado, 9 p.m.Injuries
* Vinny Prospal has missed 15 games with a knee injury.
* Chris Drury has missed 12 games with a broken finger.
* Marian Gaborik
has missed 12 games with a shoulder injury
* The Rangers have lost 45 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.