| ||VS. || |
The Rangers face-off against the Boston Bruins tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in Game 4 of their Eastern Conference Semifinal series. The Blueshirts trail in the series, 3-0, following a 2-1 loss in Game 3 on Tuesday at Madison Square Garden. The loss ended New York's nine-game winning streak at home, dating back to Mar. 24 vs. Washington. The Rangers enter the contest with a 212-232-8 record all-time in 452 playoff contests (119-89-2 at home; 93-143-6 on the road). New York has posted a 40-32 record all-time in Game 4s. Download complete game notes >>
* Download Rangers Playoff Media Guide >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised nationally on CNBC. Tune in to MSG Network immediately following the game for complete postgame coverage. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (FM 98.7) and on satellite radio at XM 92. Rangers vs. Bruins Pregame Notes
* The Rangers are 4-6 all-time in Game 4 when trailing 3-0 in the series.
* New York ranked third in the NHL with 1,413 hits, and sixth in the league with 773 blocked shots this season.
* The Blueshirts did not yield a power play opportunity against in Game 3, marking the second time that has happened in these playoffs. Rangers vs. Bruins Playoff History
The Rangers and Bruins are meeting in the playoffs for the 10th time overall, and the first time in 40 years. Their last postseason encounter was in the 1973 Quarterfinals, a series won by New York 4-1. Overall, the Blueshirts have a 3-6 playoff series record vs. the Bruins, posting an 18-25-2 mark in 45 postseason contests. All Time Rangers Playoff Records
Goals for: 1,239
Goals against: 1,234All Time Regular season -- Rangers vs. Bruins
At MSG: 143-119-55-0
At Boston: 106-164-42-22013 Rangers vs. Boston
Jan. 19 Rangers 1, Bruins 3 at Boston
Jan. 23 Rangers 4, Bruins 3 (OT) at MSG
Feb. 12 Rangers 4, Bruins 3 (SO) at BostonRangers-Bruins Series Results and Schedule
(Boston leads series 3-0)
May 16 Rangers 2, Bruins 3 (OT) at Boston
May 19 Rangers 2, Bruins 5 at Boston
May 21 Rangers 1, Bruins 2 at MSG
May 23 Rangers vs. Boston at MSG, 7 p.m.
May 25 Rangers at Boston, 5:30 p.m.*
May 27 Rangers vs. Boston at MSG, TBD*
May 29 Rangers at Boston, TBD*
* -- if necessary Injuries
* Ryane Clowe has missed five playoff games with an injury, suffered on May 10.
* Darroll Powe has missed seven playoff games with an injury, suffered on May 6.
* Marc Staal has missed seven playoff games with an injury, suffered on May 6.
* Michael Sauer has missed 10 playoff games (and the entire 48-game regular season) due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost 36 total man-games to injuries or illness during the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs.