| ||VS. || |
The Rangers face-off against the Boston Bruins tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:30 p.m.), in Game 3 of their Eastern Conference Semifinal series. The Blueshirts trail in the series, 2-0, following a 5-2 loss in Game 2 on Sunday at TD Garden. The Rangers enter the contest with a 212-231-8 record all-time in 451 playoff contests (119-88-2 at home; 93-143-6 on the road). New York has posted a 37-42 record all-time in Game 3s. Download complete game notes >>
* Download Rangers Playoff Media Guide >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised nationally on NBC Sports Network. Tune in to MSG Network immediately following the game for complete postgame coverage. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (FM 98.7) and on satellite radio at XM 92. Rangers vs. Bruins Pregame Notes
* The Blueshirts are 2-0 in games when tallying a power play goal during the playoffs, and are 4-0 when not allowing a power play goal against.
* The Rangers are 11-12 all-time in Game 3 when trailing 2-0 in the series.
* The Rangers have lost only five times in regulation over their last 23 contests, including the final 14 games of the regular season.
* The Rangers and Bruins have been separated by one goal in 19 of their last 24 regular season meetings, including eight games that required extra time and six that went to the shootout, dating back to March 24, 2007. Four of the other five games during the stretch were decided by two goals, while one was decided by three goals (3-0 win on Feb. 14, 2012 at Boston). New York is 12-5-2 in one-goal games against Boston over the span. Rangers vs. Bruins Playoff History
The Rangers and Bruins are meeting in the playoffs for the 10th time overall, and the first time in 40 years. Their last postseason encounter was in the 1973 Quarterfinals, a series won by New York 4-1. Overall, the Blueshirts have a 3-6 playoff series record vs. the Bruins, posting an 18-24-2 mark in 44 postseason contests. All Time Rangers Playoff Records
Goals for: 1,238
Goals against: 1,232All Time Regular season -- Rangers vs. Bruins
At MSG: 143-119-55-0
At Boston: 106-164-42-22013 Rangers vs. Boston
Jan. 19 Rangers 1, Bruins 3 at Boston
Jan. 23 Rangers 4, Bruins 3 (OT) at MSG
Feb. 12 Rangers 4, Bruins 3 (SO) at BostonRangers-Bruins Series Results and Schedule
(Boston leads series 2-0)
May 16 Rangers 2, Bruins 3 (OT) at Boston
May 19 Rangers 2, Bruins 5 at Boston
May 21 Rangers vs. Boston at MSG, 7:30 p.m.
May 23 Rangers vs. Boston at MSG, 7 p.m.
May 25 Rangers at Boston, TBD*
May 27 Rangers vs. Boston at MSG, TBD*
May 29 Rangers at Boston, TBD*
* -- if necessary Injuries
* Ryane Clowe has missed four playoff games with an injury, suffered on May 10.
* Darroll Powe has missed six playoff games with an injury, suffered on May 6.
* Marc Staal has missed six playoff games with an injury, suffered on May 6.
* Michael Sauer has missed nine playoff games (and the entire 48-game regular season) due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost 32 total man-games to injuries or illness during the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs.