| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will face-off against the Boston Bruins in an Original Six match-up tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:30 p.m.), in the second game of a back-to-back set. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and eighth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 42-32-5 (89 pts). The Rangers enter tonight's contest having defeated the Philadelphia Flyers, 3-2, in a shootout on Sunday at Wells Fargo Center, and are now 9-3-1 in their last 13 contests. The Bruins enter the contest with a 44-23-11 (99 pts) record to rank third in the Eastern Conference, and have registered at least one point in six of their last seven games (5-1-1). Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face- off against the Atlanta Thrashers on Thursday, Apr. 7, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in the second game of a three-game homestand to close out the regular season.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised nationally on Versus. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 204.Rangers vs. Bruins Pregame Notes
* New York ranks 24th in the league with an 18-16-4 (40 pts) mark at home; Boston ranks fourth in the league with a 24-10-5 (53 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 10-7-2 vs. Northeast Division opponents; the Bruins are 11-4-2 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
is 15-5-2 with a 1.43 GAA, a .950 Sv% and five shutouts in 22 career regular season appearances vs. Boston; Chad Johnson
has yet to face the Bruins.
* Bryan McCabe leads the Rangers with 30 assists, 38 points and 23 power play points (seven goals, 16 assists) in 70 career regular season contests vs. Boston.
* New York lists no former Bruins on its roster.
* Boston lists one former Ranger on its roster: Marc Savard (1997-98 to 1998-99). All Time – Rangers vs. Bruins
At MSG: 140-118-55-0
At Boston: 103-163-42-22010-11 Rangers vs. Boston
Oct. 23 Rangers 3, Bruins 2 at Boston
Nov. 17 Rangers 2, Bruins 3 at MSG
March 26 Rangers 1, Bruins 0 at Boston
April 4 Rangers vs. Bruins at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
April 4 Rangers vs. Boston, 7:30 p.m.
April 7 Rangers vs. Atlanta, 7 p.m.
April 9 Rangers vs. New Jersey, 12:30 p.m.Injuries
* Derek Boogaard has missed 49 games with a shoulder injury.
* Alex Frolov has missed 36 games with a knee injury.
* Chris Drury has missed 25 games with a knee injury.
* Martin Biron
has missed 15 games with a fractured collarbone.
* The Rangers have lost 314 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.