| ||VS. || |
The Rangers face-off against the Atlanta Thrashers tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in the second game of a three-game homestand. The Blueshirts currently rank fourth in the Atlantic Division standings, and 12th in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 14-15-2 (30 pts.). New York enter tonight's contest having been defeated by Buffalo, 3-2 , on Saturday at MSG to drop to 6-1-1 against Northeast division opponents this season. Atlanta enter the contest with a 16-11-3 (35 pts.) record, and rank seventh in the Eastern Conference. Following tonight's game, the Rangers will face-off against the New York Islanders on Wednesday, Dec. 16, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in the first game of a home-and-home set.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN New York and on satellite radio at XM 207.
Rangers vs. Thrashers Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers rank 26th in the NHL at home with a record of 7-8-0 (14 pts.) in 14 games; the Thrashers have posted a record of 9-5-1 (19 pts.) in 15 road games to rank eighth in the league.
* New York has posted a record of 2-4-0 vs. the Southeast Division; Atlanta have registered a 3-3-0 mark vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a record of 0-1-0 with a 4.06 goals against average in one appearance against Atlanta this season; Lundqvist is 5-3-5 with a 2.20 goals against average and one shutout in 14 career regular season contests vs. the Thrashers.
* Marian Gabork (one goal and one assist), Ales Kotalik (two assists) and Michael Del Zotto
(two assists) lead the team with two points each against Atlanta in the season series.
* Vinny Prospal leads the Rangers with 19 goals, 35 assists and 54 points in 50 career regular season games against Atlanta; Gaborik has recorded six goals and 10 points in seven career appearances vs. the Thrashers.
* New York lists one former Thrasher on its roster: Erik Christensen (2007-08 to 2008-09).
* Atlanta lists one former Ranger on its roster: Nik Antropov (2008-09).
All Time – Rangers vs. Thrashers
At MSG: 7-7-1-4
At Atlanta: 10-5-0-3
2009-10 - Rangers vs. Atlanta
Nov. 12 Rangers 3, Thrashers 5 at MSG
Dec. 14 Rangers vs. Thrashers at MSG
Jan. 7 Rangers vs. Thrashers at Atlanta
March 12 Rangers vs. Thrashers at AtlantaUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Dec. 14 Rangers vs. Atlanta, 7 p.m.
Dec. 16 Rangers vs. Islanders, 7 p.m.
Dec. 17 Rangers at Islanders, 7 p.m.
Dec. 19 Rangers at Philadelphia, 1 p.m.
Dec. 21 Rangers at Carolina, 7 p.m.
* Brandon Dubinsky
has missed 13 games with an injury, suffered on Nov. 7.
* The Rangers have lost 43 manpower games due to injury or illness this season. Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
The Wolf Pack (14-12-1-3, 32 pts.) suffered a 2-1 shootout loss at home to Albany (Carolina affiliate) on Sunday, after snapping a season-high six-game winless streak (0-4-1-1) Saturday, with a 2-1 overtime triumph over Bridgeport. That victory also broke a run of four straight regulation defeats for the Pack, who are in the midst of a five-game homestand. Ken Gernander’s club has failed to gain a point in only two of 14 home games on the season (9-2-1-2), and faces its first Western-Conference action this Friday and Saturday (both 7:00), as they host Toronto (Maple Leafs affiliate) and Hamilton (Montreal affiliate ), respectively.
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com