| ||VS. || |
The Rangers face-off against the Atlanta Thrashers tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in their return to action following a four day break. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and fifth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 10-7-1 (21 pts.). New York enter tonight's contest having been defeated by Calgary, 3-1, on Saturday at Pengrowth Saddledome to conclude their three-game Western Canadian road trip. Atlanta enter the contest with a 7-6-1 (15 pts.) record, and rank 12th in the Eastern Conference. Following tonight's game, the Rangers will face-off against the Ottawa Senators on Saturday, November 14, at Scotiabank Place (2:00 p.m.), in a matinee matchup.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN New York and on satellite radio at XM 205.Rangers vs. Thrashers Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers rank second in the league in hits (489) and fifth in blocked shots (289).
* When leading after the first period, New York are 5-0-1; when leading after two, the Rangers have posted a league-best 9-0-0 mark.
* The Rangers rank 10th in the NHL at home with a record of 6-2-0 (12 pts.) in eight games; the Thrashers have posted a record of 5-2-1 (11 pts.) in eight road games tying for seventh in the league.
* New York have posted a record of 1-0-0 vs. the Southeast Division; Atlanta have registered a 1-1-0 mark vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
posted a record of 1-0-1 with a 1.45 goals against average in two appearances against Atlanta last season; Lundqvist is 5-2-5 with a 2.06 goals against average and one shutout in 13 career regular season contests vs. the Thrashers.
* Vinny Prospal leads the Rangers with 19 goals, 35 assists and 54 points in 49 career regular season games against Atlanta; Marian Gaborik
has recorded five goals and eight points in six career regular season contests against the Thrashers.
* Gaborik recorded his first career hat trick on Nov. 13, 2001 against the Thrashers.
* Dan Girardi
tallied his first career NHL goal on Oct. 18, 2007 at Atlanta.
* New York lists no former Thrashers on their roster.
* Atlanta lists one former Ranger on their roster: Nik Antropov (2008-09).All Time – Rangers vs. Thrashers
At MSG: 7-6-1-4
At Atlanta: 10-5-0-32008-09 Series Recap
New York went 2-0-2 against Atlanta in 2008-09, including a 1-0-1 mark at MSG. Each of their four meetings last season were decided by one goal, with two ending in a shootout and one in overtime.2009-10 - Rangers vs. Atlanta
Nov. 12 Rangers vs. Thrashers at MSG
Dec. 14 Rangers vs. Thrashers at MSG
Jan. 7 Rangers vs. Thrashers at Atlanta
March 12 Rangers vs. Thrashers at AtlantaUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Nov. 12 Rangers vs. Atlanta, 7 p.m.
Nov. 14 Rangers at Ottawa, 2 p.m.
Nov. 17 Rangers vs. Washington, 7 p.m.
Nov. 21 Rangers vs. Florida, 7 p.m.
Nov. 23 Rangers vs. Columbus, 7 p.m.
* Donald Brashear has missed four games with an injury, suffered on Oct. 31.
* The Rangers have lost 17 manpower games due to injury or illness this season.
Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
The Wolf Pack had a season-high four-game winning streak snapped on Wednesday night, when they dropped a 2-1 decision on the road to Atlantic Division-leading Manchester (Los Angeles affiliate). The Wolf Pack led 1-0 going into the third period, but the Monarchs scored twice in a span of 2:27 early in the third to turn the game around. That was after the Pack had swept a pair of away games over the weekend, winning 5-3 in Providence (Boston affiliate) on Friday and 4-1 at Bridgeport (Islanders affiliate) Saturday. Ken Gernander’s team now stands at 8-7-0-0 for 16 points, and will get another crack at Manchester on Friday night (7:00) at the XL Center, in the completion of a home-and-home set. After that the Wolf Pack will travel to Worcester (San Jose affiliate) Saturday evening (7:05).
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com