| ||VS. || |
The Rangers face-off against the Anaheim Ducks tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in the first of three games in four days. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and 10th in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 4-3-3 (11 pts). The Rangers enter tonight's contest having defeated the San Jose Sharks, 5-2, on Monday at Madison Square Garden, and have now registered at least one point in five of their last seven games (4-2-1). The Ducks enter the contest with a 5-5-2 (12 pts) record to rank 11th in the Western Conference, and have lost six of their last seven games (1-4-2). Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will open a back-to-back home set when they face-off against the Montreal Canadiens on Saturday, Nov. 5, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in an Original Six match-up. New York will close out their six-game homestand on Sunday, Nov. 6, vs. the Winnipeg Jets (7:00 p.m.). Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG Network with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 213.Rangers vs. Ducks Pregame Notes
* The Rangers have registered at least one point in seven of their last 10 meetings with the Ducks, posting a record of 6-3-1 over the span.
* New York has won each of its last two games vs. Anaheim at Madison Square Garden, on Jan. 20, 2009 (4-2) and Oct. 11, 2009 (3-0).
* New York ranks 28th with a 1-1-1 (3 pts) record at home; Anaheim is tied for 14th with a 2-3-2 (6 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers have posted a 1-0-2 record vs. Pacific Division opponents; the Ducks are 1-0-0 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a 2-2-1 record with a 2.57 GAA in five career regular season contests vs. Anaheim; Martin Biron
is 8-0-0-1 with a 1.76 GAA and three shutouts in nine career regular season games vs. the Ducks.
* Brad Richards
leads the Rangers with 11 goals, 11 assists and 22 points in 23 career regular season contests vs. Anaheim; Marian Gaborik
has tallied 16 points (eight goals, eight assists) in 25 games vs. the Ducks.
* New York lists two former Ducks on its roster: Erik Christensen (2008-09 to 2009-10); Steve Eminger
* Anaheim lists no former Rangers on its roster. All Time -- Rangers vs. Ducks
At MSG: 5-6-1-0
On Road: 4-7-0-12011-12 Rangers vs. Anaheim
Oct. 8 Rangers 1, Ducks 2 (SO) at Stockholm
Nov. 3 Rangers vs. Ducks at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Nov. 3 Rangers vs. Anaheim at MSG, 7 p.m.
Nov. 5 Rangers vs. Montreal at MSG, 7 p.m.
Nov. 6 Rangers vs. Winnipeg at MSG, 7 p.m.
Nov. 9 Rangers at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 11 Rangers vs. Carolina at MSG, 7 p.m.Injuries
* Marc Staal
has missed 10 games after being put on the Injured Reserve list on Oct. 5 due to a concussion.
* Mike Rupp
has missed three games due to a knee injury, suffered on Oct. 24.
* The Rangers have lost 22 total man-game to injuries or illness this season.