| ||VS. || |
The Rangers face-off against the Anaheim Ducks tonight at Madison Square Garden (5:00 p.m.), to open a three-game homestand. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and fifth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 3-1-0 (six pts.). New York enter tonight's contest having defeated Washington, 4-3, on Thursday at Verizon Center to extend their winning streak to three games. The Rangers now have three wins through four games, marking the second time (2008-09, 4-0-0) the team has accomplished the feat since 1992-93 (3-1-0). Anaheim enter the contest with a 2-1-1 (five pts.) record, and rank eighth in the Western Conference. Following tonight's game, the Rangers will face-off against the Toronto Maple Leafs tomorrow, Oct. 12, at Madison Square Garden (5:00 p.m.), in an Original Six matchup.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on AM 970 The Apple and on satellite radio at XM 204.Rangers vs. Ducks Pre-Game Notes
* New York enters the contest riding a five-game home winning streak dating back to last season, and are 9-1-0 in their last 10 regular season games at MSG.
* The Rangers opened their 2009-10 regular season home schedule with a 5-2 win over the Senators on Oct. 3, marking a franchise record with their fifth straight win in their Garden opener.
* Michael Del Zotto
and Matt Gilroy each tallied a goal in Monday's 3-2 win at New Jersey, marking the first time two Rangers rookie defensemen recorded a goal in the same game since Jeff Bloemberg and Miroslav Horava accomplished the feat on Mar. 25, 1990 against Philadelphia.
* Artem Anisimov
tallied his first career NHL assist/point in Thursday's 4-3 win at Washington.
* The Rangers are tied for 14th in the NHL at home with a record of 1-0-0 (two pts.) in one game; the Ducks have posted a record of 2- 0-1 (five pts.) in three road games to rank 2nd in the league.
* New York have posted a record of 0-0-0 vs. the Pacific Division; Anaheim have registered a 1-0-0 mark vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
posted a record of 2-0-0 with a 1.50 goals against average in two appearances against Anaheim last season; Lundqvist is 2-1-0 with a 2.36 goals against average in three career regular season contests vs. the Ducks.
* Chris Drury leads the Rangers with 10 goals, nine assists and 19 points in 24 career regular season games against Anaheim.
* Marian Gaborik
tallied his first career NHL goal in his NHL debut against Anaheim on Oct. 6, 2000.
* New York lists one former Duck on its roster: Vinny Prospal (2003-04).
* Anaheim lists no former Rangers on their roster.All Time – Rangers vs. Ducks
At MSG: 4-6-1-0
At Anaheim: 4-6-0-0
2008-09 Series Recap
New York went 2-0-0 against Anaheim in 2008-09, including a 1-0-0 record at MSG. The Rangers tallied three power play goals for a 25.0% (3-12) success rate in the season series against the Ducks.2009-10 - Rangers vs. Anaheim
Oct. 11 Rangers vs. Anaheim at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Oct. 11 Rangers vs. Anaheim, 5 p.m.
Oct. 12 Rangers vs. Toronto, 7 p.m.
Oct. 14 Rangers vs. Los Angeles, 7 p.m.
Oct. 17 Rangers at Toronto, 7 p.m.
Oct. 19 Rangers vs. San Jose, 7 p.m.Injuries
* Sean Avery
has missed four games with a sprained knee, suffered on Sept. 21.
* The Rangers have lost 4 manpower games due to injury or illness this season.Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
The Wolf Pack are off to a 1-2-0-0 start in 2009-10, after scoring their first victory of the season on Saturday night at the XL Center in their home opener, a 7-3 triumph over Springfield (Edmonton affiliate). The Pack were 4-for-11 on the power play in the game, which came on the heels of 5-3 road losses in Providence (Boston affiliate) Friday and Binghamton (Ottawa affiliate) last Saturday. Head Coach Ken Gernander’s club finishes off a three-games-in-three-days stretch today (4:05) back in Providence, and then is off until Friday (7:05), when the Wolf Pack travels to Portland (Buffalo affiliate).
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com