| ||AT || |
The Rangers face-off against the Washington Capitals tonight at Verizon Center (7:30 p.m.), in Game 5 of their Eastern Conference Quarterfinal matchup. The series is currently tied at two games apiece, following a 4-3 win in Game 4 on Wednesday at Madison Square Garden. The Rangers enter the contest with a 210-228-8 record all-time in 446 playoff contests (118-88-2 at home; 92-140-6 on the road). New York has posted a 24-33 record all-time in Game 5 of playoff series.Download complete game notes >>
* Download Rangers Playoff Media Guide >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (FM 98.7) and on satellite radio at XM 212.Rangers vs. Capitals Pregame Notes
* Derek Stepan notched the game-winning goal in Games 3 and 4 to become the first Ranger since Adam Graves in 1997 (May 8, May 11) to tally the game-winner in consecutive playoff games.
* Derek Dorsett made his Rangers debut in Game 2 to become the 12th player to make his Blueshirts debut in the playoffs (Chris Kreider, Lauri Korpikoski, Doug Weight, Tony Amonte, Mike Richter, George McPhee, John Hughes, Bobby Sheehan, Steve Andrascik, Dennis Hextall, and Gordie Bell).
* The Blueshirts are 2-0 in games when tallying a power-play goal during the playoffs, and are 2-0 when holding the Capitals scoreless with the man advantage.
* New York registered a point in 19 of 23 games (17-4-2) when not allowing a power-play goal during the regular season. Rangers vs. Capitals Playoff History
The Rangers and Capitals are meeting in the playoffs for the eighth time overall and fourth time in five years, including a third consecutive season. Their last postseason encounter was in last year's Eastern Conference Semifinals, a series won by New York 4-3. Overall, the Blueshirts have a 3-4 playoff series record vs. the Capitals, posting a 21-24 mark in 45 postseason contests.All Time Rangers Playoff Records
Goals for: 1,227
Goals against: 1,222All Time Regular season -- Rangers vs. Capitals
At MSG: 48-38-9-3
At Washington: 39-48-9-32013 Rangers vs. Washington
At MSG: 48-38-9-3
At Washington: 39-48-9-3Rangers-Capitals Series Results and Schedule (Series tied 2-2)
May 2 Rangers 1, Capitals 3 at Washington
May 4 Rangers 0, Capitals 1 (OT) at Washington
May 6 Rangers 4, Washington 3 at MSG
May 8 Rangers 4, Washington 3 at MSG
May 10 Rangers at Washington, 7:30 p.m.
May 12 Rangers vs. Washington, TBD*
May 13 Rangers at Washington, TBD*
* -- if necessaryInjuries
* Michael Sauer has missed four playoff games (and the entire 48-game regular season) due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost 11 total man-games to injuries or illness during the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs.