| ||AT || |
The Rangers will face-off against the New Jersey Devils tonight at Prudential Center (8:00 p.m.), in Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Final. The Rangers lead the series, 2-1, following a 3-0 win over the Devils in Game 3 on Saturday at Prudential Center. The Rangers enter tonight's contest with a 208-223-8 record all-time in 439 playoff contests (116-87-2 at home; 92-136-6 on the road). New York has posted a 39-31 record all-time in Game 4 of playoff series.
• Download complete game notes >>
• Download Rangers Playoff Media Guide >>*
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Tonight!Rangers vs. Devils Pregame Notes
Today's game will be televised nationally on NBC Sports Network. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (98.7 FM) and on satellite radio at XM 212. Tune to MSG Network immediately following the live broadcast for a 90-minute Rangers-Devils postgame show.
* The Rangers were 3-2-1 overall (2-1-0 at home; 1-1-1 on the road) against the Devils during the 2011-12 season. Four of their six meetings were decided by two goals or less. Carl Hagelin led all skaters with six assists and eight points in the season series against New Jersey. Henrik Lundqvist was 3-2-0 with a 1.41 goals-against average, .940 save percentage and one shutout, while Martin Biron made 26 saves in his only appearance (4-3 shootout loss).
* Thirteen of their last 17 Rangers-Devils regular-season meetings have been decided by two goals or less.
* The Rangers are 5-2 in games when out-scoring their opponent on special teams in the playoffs.
* The Rangers tallied one goal in two power play attempts (3:08) in Game 3, and are now 4-for-10 (40.0 percent) in the series. New York ranks fourth overall (13-for-67, 19.4 percent) overall, and seventh on the road (6-for-30, 20.0 percent). The Blueshirts are 1-for-1 in five-on-three situations (0:40; last - 4/23 at OTT), and 0-for-1 while skating four-on-three (0:30; last - 4/23 at OTT).
* The Rangers have won their last seven playoff series in which they held home-ice advantage, including a 4-3 series win against New Jersey in the 1994 Conference Final.
* The Blueshirts have opened six of their last nine playoff series with a win in Game 1. The Rangers' 3-0 win vs. the Devils on Monday was the 12th shutout by the Rangers in series opening games all-time. New York is 8-3 in playoff series when posting a shutout in Game 1. Overall, the Rangers have posted a 32-11 series record when winning Game 1, including wins in seven of the last eight playoff series in which the Blueshirts won the opening game
* Rangers defensemen lead the league in playoff scoring with a combined 11 goals and 34 points in 17 games. Dan Girardi leads all defensemen in points (11), is tied for first in assists (eight), and is tied with teammates Marc Staal and Anton Stralman for the lead in defensemen goals with three apiece.
* Henrik Lundqvist has posted 30 or more saves in the playoffs 15 times, posting an 8-7 record with a 1.60 GAA, .951 save percentage and three shutouts in those contests.
* The Rangers rank first in the NHL with 328 blocked shots in the playoffs, paced by Ryan McDonagh (1st, 54), Dan Girardi (2nd, 53), Marc Staal (6th, 34), and Ryan Callahan (9th, 29). Ruslan Fedotenko (21) and Brad Richards (15) also rank third and tied for ninth, respectively in blocked shots among NHL forwards.
* New York leads the league with 584 hits in the playoffs. The Blueshirts have five players ranked in the top 10 in the NHL - Ryan Calahan (1st, 76), Michael Del Zotto (6th, 56), Brian Boyle (8th, 52), Brandon Prust (9th, 49), and Dan Girardi (10th, 48).
* The Blueshirts have seven players with previous playoff experience against the Devils, led by Brad Richards (11 GP) who has registered three goals and eight assists against New Jersey entering the series.
* The Rangers list one former Devil on their roster: Mike Rupp (2002-03 to 2003-04, 2006-07 to 2008-09).
* New Jersey lists one former Ranger on its roster: Petr Sykora (2005-06).
Rangers vs. Devils Playoff History
The Rangers and Devils are meeting in the playoffs for the sixth time overall and the third time in seven years. Their last postseason encounter was in the 2008 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals, a series won by the Rangers, 4-1. Overall, the Blueshirts have a 4-1 playoff series record vs. the Devils, posting a 16-12 mark in 28 postseason contests.
All-Time Rangers Playoff Records
Goals for: 1,212
Goals against: 1,201
All Time Regular Season -- Rangers vs. Devils
At MSG: 56-30-20-2
On Road: 45-54-7-4
2011-12 Rangers vs. New Jersey
Dec. 20 Rangers 4, Devils 1 at New Jersey
Jan. 31 Rangers 3, Devils 4 (SO) at New Jersey
Feb. 7 Rangers 0, Devils 1 at MSG
Feb. 27 Rangers 2, Devils 0 at MSG
March 6 Rangers 1, Devils 4 at New Jersey
March 19 Rangers 4, Devils 2 at MSG
Rangers-Devils Series Schedule
(Rangers lead series 2-1)
May 14 Rangers 3, Devils 0 at MSG
May 16 Rangers 2, Devils 3 at MSG
May 19 Rangers 3, Devils 0 at Prudential Center
May 21 Rangers at New Jersey, 8 p.m.
May 23 Rangers vs. New Jersey, 8 p.m.
May 25 Rangers at New Jersey, 8 p.m.*
May 27 Rangers vs. New Jersey, 8 p.m.*
* -- if necessary
* Michael Sauer has missed 17 playoff games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5.
* Mats Zuccarello has missed 17 playoff games with a fractured wrist suffered on March 23.
* Brandon Dubinsky has missed 10 playoff games with an injury suffered on April 26.
* The Rangers have lost 54 total man-games to injuries or illness during this postseason.