The Rangers scripted a hockey nightmare in Canada for Toronto fans on Saturday, crushing the Maple Leafs 6-1 in a dominating performance that saw the Blueshirts notch a season-high six goals and go a blistering 5-for-10 on the power play.
THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. J. JAGR -- NYR
2. M. STRAKA -- NYR
3. P. PRUCHA -- NYRNOTES
* Jaromir Jagr scored a goal and added three assists for his first four-point game of the season. Jagr last had four points in a regular-season game on Oct. 28, 2006, at Phoenix. Jagr also extended his scoring streak to six games, registering 11 points (three goals and eight assists) during the stretch.
* Scott Gomez collected an assist to extend his scoring streak to a career-high 11 games, registering 15 points (four goals and 11 assists) over the span. His 11-game scoring streak is a Rangers' season-high.
* Stephen Valiquette made 26 saves for his second win of the season and his second against the Maple Leafs in Toronto.
* Petr Prucha's two goals broke a 19-game goal-scoring drought. He had not scored since a Nov. 15 game at Philadelphia.
* The six goals were a season-high for the Rangers, who had two five-goal games earlier this season, but had not scored six times in a regular-season game since a win over Toronto last April.
* The five power-play goals were the most by a Rangers team in one game since March 9, 1996, at Washington.