Prior to Saturday, the Ottawa Senators had beaten the Rangers in eight of the last nine games at Scotiabank Place. The first-place Blueshirts scoffed at that jinx on Saturday, building a 4-0 lead en route to a 5-2 win over the conference's top team.
Recap THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. B. SHANAHAN -- NYR
2. H. LUNDQVIST -- NYR
3. S. GOMEZ -- NYRNOTES
* Defenseman Paul Mara, who injured his shoulder late in Thursday’s game against the Islanders, was scratched from the lineup on Saturday.
* Marek Malik, who missed the last 13 games with injured ribs, returned to the lineup in the place of Mara and was paired with Michal Rozsival.
* Brendan Shanahan scored two goals for the second time this season. He also scored a pair against the Tampa Bay Lightning on October 29. Shanahan now has points in four consecutive games and has recorded 5-6-11 scoring in his last 10 games.
* Martin Straka had two assists for the second straight game.
* Jaromir Jagr scored a goal for the third consecutive game.
* Marcel Hossa notched a pair of assists, his first multiple point game of the season, and his first points in 19 games.
* The Rangers were 2-for-6 on the power play. It marked the second straight game that the Rangers have scored two power play goals.