Trailing 3-0 in the second period of Sunday afternoon's nationally televised game in Montreal, the red-hot Rangers refused to lose, erupting for five unanswered goals over final 31:21 for a 5-3 win that lifted them up another notch in the standings.
| Box Score
THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. C. DRURY -- NYR
2. S. KOSTSITSYN -- MTL
3. M. KOMISAREK -- MTLNOTES
* The Rangers erased a three-goal deficit, and scored the final five goals of the game in their 5-3 victory.
* Michal Rozsival started the Rangers comeback by scoring his career-high 13th goal of the season. He is now second in the league amongst defensemen in goals scored. Washington’s Mike Green is the leader with 14.
* Chris Drury was 1-1-2 and scored the game-winning goal at the 10:09 mark of the third period. Drury is now 4-2-6 in the last three games, and his 16 goals are second on the club behind Brendan Shanahan's 17.
* Martin Straka was also 1-1-2, and he recorded his first points in five games.
* Scott Gomez also posted a 1-1-2 outing, and he is 2-7-9 in his last 8 matches.
* Henrik Lundqvist
made 25 saves, moving into fourth place among all NHL goalies in wins with 24.
* Brandon Dubinsky
scored the Rangers first goal, and is now 5-3-8 in his last nine games. He has recorded points in three straight games, and in seven of his past nine.
* Ryan Callahan
was recalled from AHL Hartford and skated in the place of Shanahan, who was sidelined with a sore knee.