By going to overtime in Washington on Wednesday night, the Rangers moved into a tie with the Devils for first place in the Atlantic Division. The 5-4 OT loss to the Caps featured two goals by Martin Straka and three points from Brendan Shanahan.
Recap THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. J. MOTZKO -- WSH
2. M. GREEN -- WSH
3. M. STRAKA -- NYR NOTES
* Center Scott Gomez extended his consecutive games point scoring streak to four, scoring his 6th goal of the season in the first period.
* Winger Martin Straka scored two goals, his first since October 12. He has four goals on the season, three of which have been scored against the Capitals.
* Straka's last two-goal game came on Feb. 10, 2007, also in a contest against the Capitals.
* Winger Brendan Shanahan recorded three points with a goal, his team-leading 11th, and two assists, the second time this season he has notched three points in a game. He now has a three-game point scoring streak with 2-3-5 scoring in that span.
* Defenseman Michal Rozsival had an assist, logged a team-high 25:05 of ice time, and was a plus-two on the night.
* Center Brandon Dubinsky
picked up an assist and won 65 percent of his faceoffs.