A visit from the Pittsburgh Penguins turned out to be just what the doctor ordered for the Rangers on Tuesday night, as the Blueshirts cruised to a 4-0 victory. Scott Gomez scored twice, and Henrik Lundqvist
moved into a tie for the NHL shutouts lead with his sixth of the season.
THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. H. LUNDQVIST -- NYR
2. S. GOMEZ -- NYR
3. C. DRURY -- NYRNOTES
* Henrik Lundqvist
turned aside 18 shots to post his career-high, sixth shutout of the season. He improved his record to 14-6-1, including five shutouts, in his last 21 games and has held opponents to two or fewer goals in 19 of 29 games this season. Lundqvist is now tied for the league lead in shutouts (six).
* Scott Gomez notched two goals, including a power play goal, and registered a season-high seven shots. He extended his scoring streak to six games (three goals and five assists) and has recorded 24 points (six goals and 18 assists) in the last 22 games.
* Michal Rozsival registered a career-high, three assists and logged a team-high, 24:07 of icetime … His three points also tied his career-high in points, last achieved on March 20, 2006 vs. Boston (one goal and two assists).
* Chris Drury recorded two power play points (one goal and one assist) and won 12 of 21 faceoffs (57%). He has registered three points (one goal and two assists) in the last two games.
* Martin Straka tallied one goal and added an assist in 22:17 of icetime. The assist was his 100th assist as a Ranger.
* Jaromir Jagr collected an assist and posted a plus-two rating in 18:45 of icetime.
* Brendan Shanahan registered one power play assist and logged 21:02 of icetime. He has collected six points (two goals and four assists) in the last five games.
* Marc Staal
collected one assist and posted a plus-two rating. He has now recorded a plus or even rating in 27 of 33 games this season (plus-five).
* The Rangers have sold out 93 consecutive regular season games.