The Rangers got a much-needed and hard-earned victory on Saturday night at The Garden, routing the Montreal Canadiens 4-1 to get back on a winning track. Chris Drury, Martin Straka, Petr Prucha and Nigel Dawes each had a goal in the win.
RecapTHREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. C. DRURY -- NYR
2. P. PRUCHA -- NYR
3. H. LUNDQVIST -- NYRNOTES
* Chris Drury registered the game’s first goal at 3:17 of the first period and won 10 of 17 faceoffs (59%) to earn First Star honors.
* Petr Prucha notched one goal and added an assist to earn Second Star honors. He also posted a plus-two rating.
* Nigel Dawes posted his second multi-point effort of the season (one goal and one assist), along with a plus-two rating.
* Henrik Lundqvist
turned aside 18 shots to improve his record to 14-9-0 at MSG on the year. He has held opponents to two or fewer goals in 22 of 39 games this season.
* Martin Straka tallied the game-winning goal in his return to the lineup after missing the previous two games with a concussion suffered on Jan. 5 at Edmonton.
* Jaromir Jagr collected an assist and registered seven shots on goal in 18:59 of icetime. He has registered 12 points (five goals and seven assists) in the last nine games and is now tied with Al MacInnis for 13th all-time in assists (934).
* Scott Gomez registered one assist and a game-high, nine shots on net. His nine shots on goal also represent a season-high.
* Marcel Hossa tallied an assist and posted a plus-one rating. He has posted a plus or even rating in 31 of 34 games this season, and leads the team with a plus-seven rating.
* Paul Mar recorded an assist and posted a plus-two rating in 16:34 of icetime. He is now tied with Dan Girardi
for second on the team in assists (10) among defensemen.
* Brandon Dubinsky
notched one assist, delivered five hits and posted a plus-two rating. He also won seven of 11 faceoffs (64%).
* With 41 shots on net tonight, the Blueshirts have registered 40 or more shots in two consecutive contests, outshooting their opponents, 82-49, over the span.
* The last time the Rangers and Canadiens faced-off against each other on a Saturday evening at MSG was Jan. 21, 1995, and the last time prior to that was Feb. 8, 1964.
* The Rangers have sold out 99 consecutive regular season games.