In their first game since the NHL trade deadline, the Rangers showed that adding two new players only made them stronger. The visiting Blueshirts cruised out to a 3-0 lead and dominated the majority of their 4-2 win over Carolina on Thursday night.
| Box ScoreTHREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. N. DAWES -- NYR
2. H. LUNDQVIST -- NYR
3. E. COLE -- CAR
* The Rangers have earned standings points in each of their last eight matches, posting a 6-0-2 record. They have picked up 14 of a possible 16 points in that span.
* Henrik Lundqvist
made 26 saves for his 29th victory of the season. He is one win shy of his third straight 30-win season and draw him closer to Ed Giacomin's team record of four consecutive 30-win seasons.
* Nigel Dawes recorded two assists, and he now has four points in his last three games.
* Chris Drury scored the eventual game-winning goal, and he now has nine goals in his last 13 games. He has also recorded points in seven consecutive contests, tying the career high he achieved with Colorado. Drury also won 60% of his faceoffs on Thursday.
* Brendan Shanahan has recorded points in six straight games after scoring his 21st goal in the third period. Shanahan and Drury share the team-lead in goals scored this season.
* Sean Avery
scored his 11th goal of the season, and now has six in his last seven games.
* Jaromir Jagr picked up an assist on Brandon Dubinsky
’s 13th goal. He has recorded points in four straight games (2-5-7).
* Both Fredrik Sjostrom and Christian Backman made their Rangers debuts. Sjostrom led the team with four hits in 11:27 of ice-time; while Backman played 14:22 and picked up three minor penalties.