Trailing 2-1 entering the final period of their game against Carolina on Wednesday night, the Rangers really turned it up a notch and scored three times -- including two power-play goals -- for a thrilling 4-2 win over the Southeast Division leaders.
Recap THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. J. JAGR -- NYR
2. S. GOMEZ -- NYR
3. C. DRURY -- NYRNOTES
* Jaromir Jagr notched his first multigoal game of the season with two goals and fired a season-high, nine shots on net. Jagr extended his scoring streak to five games, registering seven points (two goals and five assists) during the stretch.
* Scott Gomez collected two assists to extend his scoring streak to 10 games, registering 14 points (four goals and 10 assists) over the span. His 10-game scoring streak is a Rangers’ season-high.
* Chris Drury tallied a goal and added an assist in 20:35 of icetime. He also won nine of 16 faceoffs (56%) and has posted a faceoff winning percentage of 50 percent or better in his last six games (66 of 105 - 63%).
* Dan Girardi
registered his first career game-winning goal, a power play tally, at 7:06 of the third period and added a power play assist in 19:07 of icetime. Girardi ranks second on the team in power play goals (five).
* Henrik Lundqvist
turned aside 20 of 22 shots in the win to improve his record to 12-7-0 at MSG this season. He has held opponents to two or fewer goals in 20 of 33 games during the 2007-08 campaign.
* Brendan Shanahan recorded two power play assists and logged 19:11 of icetime. He has now registered nine points (three goals and six assists) in the last nine contests.
* Marc Staal
collected an assist on Jagr’s second period goal (2:28). He has now registered three points (one goal and two assists) in the last five games.
* The Rangers have sold out 95 consecutive regular season games.