Down 4-1 to the Tampa Bay Lightning midway through Tuesday night's game at The Garden, the Rangers stormed back with a pair of a pair of power-play goals and dominated much of the third period, but the Lightning survived for a 5-3 win.
Recap THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. C. GRATTON -- T.B.
2. M. ROZSIVAL -- NYR
3. K. RAMO -- T.B.NOTES
* Michal Rozsival registered one goal and added an assist while skating in a game-high, 28:01 of icetime. He moved into a tie for first in the NHL in goals scored by a defenseman with 11 goals and established his new career-high in goals scored in a single season (11).
* Jaromir Jagr notched an even strength goal and logged 22:35 of icetime. He has registered 11 points (five goals and six assists) in the last seven games.
* Paul Mara posted his second multi-point game of the season with two power play assists. He is now ranked second on the team in assists (nine) among defensemen.
* Scott Gomez tallied a power-play goal and won 14 of 22 faceoffs (64%). He also registered a game-high, eight shots on net and has now recorded nine points (one goal and eight assists) in the last seven games.
* Marcel Hossa collected an assist on Jagr’s first period goal (3:02). He has recorded a plus or even rating in 30 of 32 games this season and leads the team with a plus-seven rating on the season.
* Chris Drury recorded an assist, on the power play, and logged 23:37 of icetime. He has registered a point in each of the last two games (one goal and one assist). His 23:37 of icetime was a team-high among forwards.
* The Rangers have sold out 97 consecutive regular season games.