The Blueshirts' run of success in Philadelphia continued on Saturday, as Stephen Valiquette shut out the Flyers for the second time in nine days. The 2-0 win -- their seventh straight in Philadelphia -- kept the Rangers firmly in the playoff picture.
| Box ScoreTHREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. S. VALIQUETTE -- NYR
2. S. GOMEZ -- NYR
3. D. HATCHER -- PHI NOTES
* Stephen Valiquette earned his second straight shutout against the Flyers, having also blanked them nine days ago. He is the first Rangers’ goaltender since Mike Dunham late in the 2002-03 season to record shutouts in two consecutive starts.
* As a team, the Rangers have now recorded nine shutouts this season, seven for Henrik Lundqvist
and two for Valiquette.
* Tom Renney picked up his 119th victory as head coach of the Rangers, pulling him into a tie for sixth place with Phil Watson on the franchise's all-time list.
* The Rangers were 2-for-4 on the power play, and have now recorded power-play goals in eight consecutive road games, their longest such streak since the 1993-94 Stanley Cup-winning season.
* Scott Gomez was 1-1-2, and he is now 3-9-12 in his last 11 matches.
* Nigel Dawes was also 1-1-2, and he is 3-7-10 in his last 14 contests.
* Alternate captain Brendan Shanahan missed his fourth straight game due to a sore knee and hip.