Chris Drury's goal with just under seven seconds remaining in the Rangers' game in Edmonton on Saturday night pushed the teams to overtime and eventually a shootout, but the Oilers emerged with a 3-2 victory on Sam Gagner's shootout goal.
THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. S. HORCOFF -- VAN
2. J. JAGR -- NYR
3. S. GAGNER -- VANNOTES
* Alternate Captain Brendan Shanahan returned to the lineup after a one game absence due to a sore neck. He led the Rangers with four shots on goal, but suffered a left leg injury after a third period collision with Edmonton’s Dustin Penner. The exact nature and extent of the injury is not yet known.
* Edmonton native Jason Strudwick was in the starting lineup after being scratched in five straight games. To make room for Strudwick in the lineup, defenseman Marek Malik was scratched.
* Scott Gomez earned an assist on Chris Drury's goal late in the third period, and has now recorded points in 14 of the last 15 games.
* Jaromir Jagr also picked up an assist on Drury's goal, giving him points in 8 of the last nine contests.
* Defenseman Paul Mara played a strong all-around game. He had three shots on goal to go along with a team-high three blocked shots.
* Defenseman Michal Rozsival logged a team-high 26:42 worth of ice time.
* The Rangers remained winless this season (0-5-2) against teams from the Western Conference.