Brian Leetch Night came to a very happy ending on Thursday, as the Rangers came back from a 1-0 deficit in the third period and went on to beat the Atlanta Thrashers 2-1 in an overtime shootout. Brendan Shanahan scored the lone shootout goal.
Recap THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. B. SHANAHAN -- NYR
2. H. LUNDQVIST -- NYR
3. M. ROZSIVAL -- NYRNOTES
* Michal Rozsival notched the game-tying goal at 8:52 of the third period and logged a game-high, 28:02 of icetime. He tied for third on the team in goals (12).
* Brendan Shanahan registered a game-high, six shots and tallied the game-deciding goal in the shootout. He has registered three, game-deciding goals in the shootout this season (Nov. 10 at Toronto and Nov. 15 at Philadelphia), which is a team-high.
* Henrik Lundqvist
turned aside 17 of 18 shots and stopped three of three in the shootout. He has held opponents to two or fewer goals in four of the last seven games, and 25 of 45 games this season.
* Brandon Dubinsky
collected an assist and delivered five hits. He has registered six points (three goals and three assists) and a plus-seven rating in the last seven games. His five hits tied for the team-high.
* Nigel Dawes tallied an assist and logged 11:00 of icetime. He has recorded five points (one goal and four assists) and a plus-seven rating in the last seven games.
* The Blueshirts improved their record to 2-3-0 on days when a Ranger player has had his number retired. In games following a Henrik Lundqvist
shutout, the Rangers have posted a record of 2-4-1 this season.
* The Rangers have sold out 103 consecutive regular season games.