NHL teams are learning that the last place you want to play on the road is Madison Square Garden. The Rangers, an amazing 8-2-0 at home this season, finished off yet another visiting team on Thursday night in a 4-2 win over Pittsburgh. Scott Gomez, Michal Rozsival, Sean Avery
and Brandon Dubinsky
all scored for the Blueshirts, who are now within one point of the division lead.
Recap THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. S. AVERY -- NYR
2. S. GOMEZ -- NYR
3. B. DUBINSKY -- NYRNOTES
* Scott Gomez tallied one goal and one assist to extend his scoring streak to five games, registering six points (two goals and four assists) over the span. Gomez has also registered an assist in three straight games (three assists).
* Sean Avery
notched a power play goal and added an assist to earn First Star honors. He has collected three points in the last two games (one goal and two assists).
* Brandon Dubinsky
recorded his first NHL goal at 2:48 of the third period. He also won six of 11 faceoffs (55%) and posted a plus-one rating in 16:32 of icetime.
* Jaromir Jagr registered a power play assist to extend his assist/point streak to three games (one goal and three assists). In 10 home games this season, he has collected three goals and nine assists for 12 points. Jagr now leads the NHL with 10 power play assists.
* Henrik Lundqvist
turned aside 26 of 28 shots to win his fifth consecutive home game and improved to 8-2-0 overall at MSG this season.
* Dan Girardi
collected two assists and now has three assists in the last three games. He also dished out three hits and blocked two shots in 20:36 of icetime.
* Michal Rozsival notched a power play goal at 17:26 of the first period and logged a game-high, 22:51 of icetime. The Rangers have posted a 4-0-0 record in games in which Rozsival has scored a goal.
* Nigel Dawes collected his first NHL assist on Dubinsky’s third period goal.
* Paul Mara tallied an assist and dished out three hits in 17:28 of icetime. He has recorded one goal and two assists in his last two games.