The Rangers' bid for a two-game sweep of their Florida road trip and a six-game overall road winning streak came up just short on Friday night, as they fell 3-2 in a shootout at Florida. Chris Drury scored twice for the Rangers, and backup goaltender Stephen Valiquette made 33 saves to deliver a point for the Blueshirts, who retained a two-point lead in the Atlantic Division.
THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. O. JOKINEN -- FLA
2. C. DRURY -- NYR
3. D. BOOTH -- FLANOTES
* The loss snapped the Rangers' five-game winning streak on the road -- their longest road streak in nearly two years.
* Chris Drury scored both Rangers goals, his fourth and fifth of the season. It was his first two-goal game as a Ranger.
* Stephen Valiquette made only his second start of the season in goal, and finished with 33 saves. Both of his starts have been decided by shootouts. He helped the Rangers defeat the Toronto Maple Leafs, 3-2, in a shootout on Nov. 10.
*The Rangers are now 3-2 in shootouts this season.
* Martin Straka returned to the Rangers lineup after a 15-game absence because of a broken finger and recorded one shot in 13:59 of ice time.
* Michal Rozsival returned to the lineup after missing Wednesday’s contest with a bruised knee and recorded an assist on Chris Drury’s first goal.