After being stifled by Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist
in the opening period of Saturday night's game at Madison Square Garden, the Ottawa Senators erupted for three goals in a 52-second span of the second period and went on to a 3-1 win. The Blueshirts denied Ottawa goalie Martin Gerber a shutout when Jaromir Jagr scored his first goal of the season with 1:09 remaining.
THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. M. GERBER -- OTT
2. J. SPEZZA -- OTT
3. C. PHILLIPS -- OTTNOTES
* Jaromir Jagr notched his 100th goal as a Ranger, while skating in his 200th game for New York. He has registered 100 goals and 154 assists for 254 points as a Blueshirt.
* Henrik Lundqvist
stopped 31 of 34 shots to drop his record to 2-3-0, including a 2-1-0 mark at MSG this season. He posted a record of 8-1-2, along with a 1.52 goals against average, .942 save percentage and one shutout in the second of back-to-back games in which he started both games during the 2006-07 season.
* Marcel Hossa tallied an assist on Jagr's third period goal to extend his scoring streak to three games (three assists). He has registered at least one point in each of his first three appearances this season.
* Scott Gomez recorded an assist, his first as a Ranger, and now has two points in his last two games (one goal and one assist). He also won seven of 13 faceoffs (54%) in 20:32 of icetime.
* Brendan Shanahan recorded a Rangers’ season-high 13 shots on goal, tying his career-high mark, which he set on Jan. 28, 1994 at Edmonton.
* Chris Drury logged a game-high 25:38 of icetime and won eight of 16 faceoffs (50%).
* The Rangers have sold out 78 consecutive regular season games.