The Rangers face-off against the Philadelphia Flyers today at Madison Square Garden (12:30 p.m.), to close out their home-and-home set. The Blueshirts currently rank fourth in the Atlantic Division standings with a record of 35-26-8, and seventh in the Eastern Conference with 78 points. The Rangers enter tonight's contest having been defeated by the Flyers, 4-2, yesterday at the Wachovia Center, and have won four of their last six games. The Blueshirts have posted a 6-2-2 record in their last 10 games at MSG. Following today's contest, the Rangers will travel to Montreal to face-off against the Canadiens on Tuesday, March 17 at Bell Centre (7:30 p.m.), in their fourth game in a six day span. The Flyers, 37-20-10, currently rank fourth in the Eastern Conference standings with 84 points, and have won three of their last four games. Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Today!
Today's game will be televised nationally on NBC. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN New York and on satellite radio at XM 205.
Rangers vs. Flyers Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers are 20-10-4 at home this season; The Flyers have posted a 16-10-6 record in 32 road contests.
* The Rangers are 11-7-0 against the Atlantic Division this season; The Flyers have posted a 8-4-4 record vs. Atlantic Division opponents this season.
* The Blueshirts have held opponents scoreless on the power play in seven of their last nine games at MSG (29-for-31, 93.5%).
* New York has posted a 6-2-2 record in their last 10 games at Madison Square Garden.
* The Blueshirts have recorded a 6-5-2 record in the second game of back-to-back sets, and are 3-1-1 when the second game of the set is played at MSG.
* The Rangers are 8-3-2 in their last 13 meetings vs. Philadelphia overall, and have shutout the Flyers four times during the stretch.
* The Blueshirts have earned a point in five of their last eight games vs. the Flyers at MSG, posting a 4-3-1 mark over the span.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a 8-5-2 record with two shutouts in 17 career regular season appearances vs. Philadelphia; Steve Valiquette is 5-1-1 with a 1.65 goals against average and two shutouts in eight career regular season games vs. the Flyers.
* Nikolai Zherdev leads the Rangers with two goals and one assist for three points in the season series vs. the Flyers; Nik Antropov has registered two goals and two assists for four points in three games vs. Philadelphia this season.
* Scott Gomez has registered 42 points (11 goals and 31 assists) in 51 career games vs. the Flyers; Chris Drury has notched 21 points (seven goals and 14 assists) in 31 career games vs. Philadelphia; Dan Girardi
has recorded 12 assists in 15 career contests vs. the Flyers.
* Lundqvist recorded his 30th win of the season on Thursday at Nashville to become the first goaltender in NHL history to reach the 30-win mark in each of his first four seasons.
* Chris Doyle, the Rangers' fifth round round selection (141st overall) in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, has registered 29 goals and 41 assists for 70 points in 58 games with the Prince Edward Island Rocket of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) this season; the Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island native currently ranks second on P.E.I. in goals (29) and points (70), and is tied for the team lead in assists (41).
* The Rangers have no former Flyers on their roster.
* The Flyers roster lists one former Ranger; Mike Knuble (1998-99 to 1999-00).All Time – Rangers vs. Flyers
At MSG: 52-44-23-4
At Philadelphia: 50-57-14-22008-09 - Rangers vs. Flyers
Oct. 11 Rangers 4, Flyers 3 at Philadelphia
Feb. 15 Rangers 2, Flyers 5 at MSG
March 14 Rangers 2, Flyers 4 at Philadelphia
March 15 Rangers vs. Flyers at MSG
April 9 Rangers vs. Flyers at MSG
April 12 Rangers vs. Flyers at Philadelphia
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
March 15 Rangers vs. Philadelphia, 12:30 p.m.
March 17 Rangers at Montreal, 7:30 p.m.
March 21 Rangers vs. Buffalo, 7 p.m.
March 22 Rangers vs. Ottawa, 7 p.m.
March 24 Rangers vs. Minnesota, 7 p.m.
Recent New York Rangers Games
Last 5 NYR games: 3-2-0
Last 10 NYR games: 4-4-2Injuries
* The Rangers have lost 25 manpower games due to injury or illness this season.
Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:The Wolf Pack (37-24-3-3, 80 pts.) are 10-1-1-0 in their last 12 games, after a 6-3 win on Saturday night at home over Eastern Conference-leading Bridgeport (Islanders affiliate). The six goals matched the Pack’s highest output of the season, and it was Hartford’s fourth straight home win. Ken Gernander’s club is currently tied for first place in the Atlantic Division with Providence (Boston affiliate), and finishes off a three-games-in-three-days stretch with a visit today (4:05) to Worcester (San Jose affiliate). The Wolf Pack and the Sharks also tangled Friday night in Worcester, with the Wolf Pack pulling out a 4-2 win.
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com.