The Rangers face-off against the New Jersey Devils tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.) in their third game in four nights. The Blueshirts currently sit atop the Atlantic Division standings with a record of 4-0-0, and rank first in the Eastern Conference with eight points. The Rangers enter tonight's contest having defeated the Flyers, 4-3, Saturday at the Wachovia Center in the second game of a back-to-back set. New York's 4-0-0 mark is their best start to the season since 1983-84, when the Blueshirts began the season with a 5-0-0 record. Following today's match, the Rangers will host the Buffalo Sabres on Wednesday, October 15, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.) in the fourth of six games during a nine day stretch. The Devils, 2-0-0, currently rank fourth in the Eastern Conference standings with four points following a 2-1 overtime win on Saturday at Pittsburgh.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on AM 970 The Apple.Rangers vs. Devils Pre-Game Notes
* The last time the Blueshirts opened the season 4-0-0 was during the 1983-84 season, when they started with a franchise record 5-0-0 mark.
* The Rangers are 2-0-0 at MSG this season; The Devils have posted a 1-0-0 record in one road contest.
* The Rangers are 1-0-0 against the Atlantic Division this season; The Devils have posted a 2-0-0 record vs. Atlantic Division opponents this season.
* The Rangers have notched a power play goal in three of their last four games, going three of 20 (15.0%) over the span; Last season, the Blueshirts tallied six goals in 30 power play opportunities (20.0%) in eight games vs. the Devils.
* New York has held their opponents scoreless in 18 power play chances (100.0%) this season, including eight of eight (100.0%) at MSG.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a 12-2-4 record, along with a 1.46 goals against average and two shutouts in 18 career regular season appearances vs. the Devils; In eight games last season, Lundqvist was 7-0-1 with a 1.09 goals against average and two shutouts.
* In eight games against New Jersey last season, Chris Drury led the Rangers in goals (four) and points (eight), while Scott Gomez ranked first on the team in assists (six).
* Drury has registered 19 points (nine goals and 10 assists) in 27 career games vs. the Devils; Wade Redden
has notched 12 points (three goals and nine assists) in 42 career games vs. New Jersey; Scott Gomez has collected seven points (one goal and six assists) in eight career contests vs. the Devils.
* Markus Naslund enters tonight's contest riding a four-game scoring streak, registering four points (one goal and three assists) over the span; Aaron Voros has at least one point in three consecutive contests, collecting four points (one goal and three assists) during the stretch.
* Nikolai Zherdev has registered multiple-points in two straight games, tallying two goals and two assists for four points over the span.
* New York posted a 4-3-0 record in seven Monday games last season.
* Michael Del Zotto
, the Rangers' first round selection (20th overall) in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, has registered one goal and six assists for seven points in eight games with the Oshawa Generals of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL); He currently ranks fourth on the team in points (seven) and assists (six).
* New York lists one former Devil on their roster; Scott Gomez (1999-00 to 2006-07).
* New Jersey's roster lists three former Rangers; Bobby Holik (2002-03 to 2003-04), Mike Mottau (2000-01 to 2001-02), and Kevin Weekes (2005-06 to 2006-07).All Time – Rangers vs. Devils
At MSG: 49-26-20-1
At New Jersey: 39-49-7-32008-09 - Rangers vs. Devils
Oct. 13 Rangers vs. Devils at MSG
Nov. 12 Rangers vs. Devils at New Jersey
Dec. 12 Rangers vs. Devils at New Jersey
Dec. 27 Rangers vs. Devils at MSG
Feb. 9 Rangers vs. Devils at New Jersey
March 30 Rangers vs. Devils at MSG2007-08 – Rangers vs. Devils
Oct. 25 Rangers 2 vs. Devils 0 at MSG
Nov. 3 Rangers 2 vs. Devils 1 (SO) at MSG
Nov. 14 Rangers 4 vs. Devils 2 at New Jersey
Dec. 9 Rangers 1 vs. Devils 0 (OT) at MSG
Feb. 1 Rangers 3 vs. Devils 1 at New Jersey
March 19 Rangers 2 vs. Devils 1 (SO) at New Jersey
March 27 Rangers 3 vs. Devils 2 at MSG
April 6 Rangers 2 vs. Devils 3 (SO) at New JerseyUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Oct. 13 Rangers vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m..
Oct. 15 Rangers vs. Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Oct. 17 Rangers vs. Toronto, 7 p.m.
Oct. 18 Rangers at Detroit, 7 p.m.
Oct. 20 Rangers vs. Dallas, 7 p.m.Recent New York Rangers Games
Last 4 NYR games: 4-0-0Injuries