The Rangers face-off against the New York Islanders tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in an Atlantic Division matchup. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings with a record of 30-22-6, and sixth in the Eastern Conference with 66 points. The Rangers enter tonight's contest having been defeated by the Blues, 2-1, Monday at Scottrade Center, and have earned a point in two of their last four games. The Blueshirts are 3-1-1 in their last five games at MSG. Following today's contest, the Rangers will travel to Buffalo to face-off against the Sabres on Saturday, February 21, at HSBC Arena (7:00 p.m.), in the first game of a back-to-back set. The Islanders, 17-33-6, currently rank 15th in the Eastern Conference standings with 40 points, and have lost five of their last six games.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN New York and on satellite radio at XM 204.Rangers vs. Islanders Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers are 17-9-3 at home this season; The Islanders have posted a 6-21-2 record in 29 road contests.
* The Rangers are 9-7-0 against the Atlantic Division this season; The Islanders have posted a 2-12-2 record vs. Atlantic Division opponents this season.
* The Blueshirts have held opponents scoreless on the power play in their last four games at MSG (12-for-12).
* In their last eight meetings, the Rangers have held the Islanders scoreless in 22 power play opportunities.
* The Rangers are 6-1-2 in their last nine meetings vs. the Islanders, including a 2-1-2 record at MSG during the stretch.
* The Blueshirts have out-shot the Islanders in each of their last nine games, registering 322 shots on net and surrendering just 228 shots against over the span.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a 12-6-4 record with a 2.08 goals against average and one shutout in 23 career regular season appearances vs. the Islanders; In four games this season, Lundqvist is 3-1-0 with a 2.28 goals against average.
* Chris Drury (three goals and two assists) and Scott Gomez (two goals and three assists) are tied for the team lead with five points in four games vs. the Islanders this season; Drury's three goals are a team-high, while Gomez's three assists are tied with Wade Redden
for first on the club.
* Gomez has registered 43 points (10 goals and 33 assists) in 53 career games vs. the Islanders; Drury has notched 30 points (13 goals and 17 assists) in 32 career games vs. Long Island; Markus Naslund has recorded 23 points (10 goals and 13 assists) in 26 career contests vs. the Islanders.
* Lauri Korpikoski (three goals and one assist) and Ryan Callahan
(one goal and three assists) both enter tonight's contest with four points in the last four games.
* Gomez has assisted on 11 of Naslund's team-leading, 17 goals this season; Nikolai Zherdev has assisted on six of Naslund's goals.
* Michael Del Zotto
, the Rangers' first round selection (20th overall) in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, has registered 11 goals and 42 assists for 53 points in 51 games with the Oshawa Generals and London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) this season; The defensemen is currently riding a seven-game scoring streak (one goal and nine assists), and has tallied 20 points (four goals and 16 assists) in 17 games since being traded to London on January 8.
* New York lists one former Islander on its roster; Stephen Valiquette (1999-00).
* Long Island's roster lists two former Rangers; Thomas Pock (2003-04 to 2007-08) and Doug Weight (1990-91 to 1992-93).All Time – Rangers vs. Islanders
At MSG: 60-36-11-3
At Long Island: 43-58-8-1
2008-09 - Rangers vs. IslandersUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Oct. 27 Rangers 4, Islanders 2 at Uniondale
Nov. 4 Rangers 1, Islanders 2 at MSG
Dec. 29 Rangers 5, Islanders 4 at MSG
Jan. 13 Rangers 2, Islanders 1 at Uniondale
Feb. 18 Rangers vs. Islanders at MSG
March 5 Rangers vs. Islanders at Uniondale
Feb. 18 Rangers vs. Islanders, 7 p.m.
Feb. 21 Rangers at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Feb. 22 Rangers vs. Toronto, 7 p.m. (Bathgate/Howell Night)
Feb. 25 Rangers at Toronto, 7:30 p.m.
Feb. 26 Rangers vs. Florida, 7 p.m.Recent New York Rangers Games
Last 5 NYR games: 1-3-1
Last 10 NYR games: 2-6-2Injuries
* Paul Mara has missed one game with an upper-body injury.
* The Rangers have lost 19 manpower games due to injury or illness this season.Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
The Wolf Pack (27-22-2-3, 59 pts.) dropped two out of three non-conference home games last week. The Manitoba Moose (Vancouver affiliate) handed the Pack a 4-2 defeat on Wednesday, before the Pack rebounded to thump Lake Erie (Colorado affiliate), 6-2, on Friday night. The Moose then returned to the XL Center Saturday night and beat the Pack again, this time by a score of 4-1. Ken Gernander’s returns to action tonight (7:00), starting a busy week with a home game vs. Bridgeport (Islanders affiliate). The Wolf Pack travel to Lowell (New Jersey affiliate) Friday (7:00), host Portland (Buffalo) Saturday (7:00) and wrap up the week with a visit to Manchester (Los Angeles affiliate) Sunday (4:00).
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com