The Rangers face-off against the New York Islanders tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.). The Blueshirts currently sit atop the Atlantic Division standings with a record of 10-3-1, and rank first in the Eastern Conference with 21 points. The Rangers enter tonight's contest having been defeated by the Maple Leafs, 5-2, on Saturday at the Air Canada Centre, and have won four of their last five games. Following tonight's match, the Rangers will face-off against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Thursday, November 6, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.). The Islanders, 3-7-1, currently rank 15th in the Eastern Conference standings with seven points, and have lost six of their last seven games.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN New York.
. Rangers vs Islanders Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers are 6-2-0 at home this season; The Islanders have posted a 1-2-1 record in four road contests.
* The Rangers are 4-0-0 against the Atlantic Division this season; The Islanders have posted a 0-2-1 record vs. Atlantic Division opponents this season.
* The Blueshirts have tallied a power play goal in five of their last six contests, for a success rate of 16.7% (five of 30).
* The Rangers have held opponents scoreless on the power play in 10 of 14 games this season, allowing just five goals in 57 times shorthanded (91.2%).
* The Blueshirts are 4-0-2 in the last six meetings with the Islanders, outscoring their opponent, 21-13, over the span.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a 10-5-4 record with a 2.03 goals against average and one shutout in 20 career regular season appearances vs. the Islanders; In one game this season, Lundqvist is 1-0-0 with a 2.00 goals against average.
* In the season series, Chris Drury, Scott Gomez and Michal Rozsival are tied for the team lead with two points in one game vs. the Islanders; Drury leads the club with two goals, while Rozsival has tallied a team-leading two assists.
* Gomez has registered 40 points (nine goals and 31 assists) in 50 career games vs. the Islanders; Drury has notched 27 points (12 goals and 15 assists) in 29 career games vs. Long Island; Markus Naslund has recorded 21 points (eight goals and 13 assists) in 23 career contests vs. the Islanders.
* The Blueshirts are 4-0-1 when allowing the game's first goal, and have posted a 7-0-1 record when trailing or tied after the first period.
* The Rangers are 7-0-0 when Nikolai Zherdev records at least one point; The Blueshirts are 5-0-0 in games that Zherdev tallies a goal.
* Dmitri Kalinin enters tonight's contest riding a three-game, assists streak, registering three assists over the span; Dan Girardi
has registered at least one point in each of the last two contests (one goal and one assist); Paul Mara has tallied three assists in the last three games.
* Artem Anisimov
, the Rangers' second round selection (54th overall) in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, has registered one goal and six assists for seven points in 10 games with the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL); Anisimov currently leads the team in assists (six), is tied for the team lead in plus/minus rating (plus-four) and is tied for second on the club in points (seven).
* The Rangers list one former Islander on their roster; Stephen Valiquette (1999-00).
* The Islanders' roster lists one former Ranger; Doug Weight (1990-91 to- 1992-93).All Time – Rangers vs. Islanders
At MSG: 59-35-11-3
At Long Island: 42-58-8-1
2008-09 - Rangers vs. Islanders
Oct. 27 Rangers 4, Islanders 2 at Nassau Coliseum
Nov. 4 Rangers vs. Islanders at MSG
Dec. 29 Rangers vs. Islanders at MSG
Jan. 13 Rangers vs. Islanders at Nassau Coliseum
Feb. 18 Rangers vs. Islanders at MSG
March 5 Rangers vs. Islanders at Nassau ColiseumUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Nov. 4 Rangers vs. Islanders, 7 p.m.
Nov. 6 Rangers vs. Tampa Bay, 7 p.m.
Nov. 8 Rangers at Washington, 7 p.m.
Nov. 10 Rangers vs. Edmonton, 7 p.m.
Nov. 12 Rangers at New Jersey, 7 p.m.
Recent New York Rangers Games
Last 5 NYR games: 4-1-0
Last 10 NYR games: 6-3-1Injuries
* The Rangers have lost three manpower games due to injury or illness this season.Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
The Wolf Pack posted a 3-1 win over Albany (Carolina affiliate) in their last action Saturday in Hartford. That contest was the fifth of seven straight home games for the Pack, and they have won four of the five. Ken Gernander’s club is 4-1-0-1 in its last six games, after a 1-3-0 start to the season. The Wolf Pack’s next outing is Friday night (7:00) against Worcester (San Jose affiliate), which dealt the Pack its only regulation loss in the last six contests, a 4-2 verdict this past Friday. Saturday night (7:00) the Wolf Pack wrap up their long homestand with a battle against Springfield (Edmonton affiliate).
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com