The Rangers face-off against the Florida Panthers tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in the second game of a back-to-back set. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings with a record of 31-23-8, and sixth in the Eastern Conference with 70 points. The Rangers enter tonight's contest having been defeated by the Maple Leafs, 2-1, in the shootout yesterday at Air Canada Centre, and have earned a point in five of their last eight games. New York is 4-1-2 in their last seven games at MSG. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Colorado Avalanche on Saturday, February 28, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in their third game in four nights. The Panthers, 30-22-8, currently rank seventh in the Eastern Conference standings with 68 points, and have lost three of their last five games.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN New York and on satellite radio at XM 207.Rangers vs. Panthers Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers are 18-9-4 at home this season; The Panthers have posted a 13-14-3 record in 30 road contests.
* The Rangers are 10-3-3 against the Southeast Division this season; The Panthers have posted a 7-3-3 record vs. Atlantic Division opponents this season.
* The Blueshirts have held opponents scoreless on the power play in five of their last six games at MSG (20-for-21).
* New York has posted a 16-5-1-4 record in the last 26 games vs. the Panthers, including a point in 11 of their last 15 meetings (8-4-3).
* The Blueshirts have won seven of their last nine meetings with Florida at MSG.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a 7-3-1 record, along with a 2.02 goals against average and three shutouts in 11 career regular season appearances vs. Florida.
* Colton Orr and Michal Rozsival are tied for the team lead in points and assists with two assists apiece in three games vs. the Panthers this season; Fredrik Sjostrom, Aaron Voros and Nikolai Zherdev have each tallied one goal in the season series.
* Scott Gomez has registered 27 points (eight goals and 19 assists) in 33 career games vs. the Panthers; Markus Naslund has notched 19 points (six goals and 13 assists) in 25 career games vs. Florida; Chris Drury has recorded 17 points (seven goals and 10 assists) in 26 career contests vs. the Panthers.
* Wade Redden
is looking to skate in his 900th career regular season game tonight; He made his NHL debut on Oct. 5, 1996 vs. Montreal.
* Drury has recorded five assists in the last four games entering tonight's contest; Rozsival has tallied three points (one goal and two assists) in the last two games.
* The Blueshirts are 6-3-2 in the second game of back-to-back sets this season.
* Saturday's contest between the Rangers and Colorado Avalanche (7:00 p.m.) will be televised live on PIX 11, with the Rangers Pre-Game Show beginning at 6:30 p.m.
* Mitch Gaulton, the Rangers' sixth round selection (171st overall) in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, has registered one goal and three assists for four points in 14 games with the Erie Otters of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) this season; The defenseman returned to Erie's lineup on January 23 at Kingston after missing the team's first 45 games of the campaign with a shoulder injury.
* The Rangers' roster lists no former Panthers.
* The Panthers' roster lists one former Ranger; Radek Dvorak (1999-00 to 2002-03).All Time – Rangers vs. Panthers
At MSG: 17-10-4-0
At Florida: 16-11-2-42008-09 - Rangers vs. Panthers
Nov. 26 Rangers 4, Panthers 3 (SO) at Sunrise, Fla.
Nov. 30 Rangers 0, Panthers 4 at MSG
Feb. 13 Rangers 1, Panthers 2 (SO) at Sunrise, Fla.
Feb. 26 Rangers vs. Panthers at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Feb. 26 Rangers vs. Florida, 7 p.m.
Feb. 28 Rangers vs. Colorado, 7 p.m.
March 5 Rangers at Islanders, 7 p.m.
March 8 Rangers vs. Boston, 12:30 p.m.
March 9 Rangers at Carolina, 7 p.m.Recent New York Rangers Games
Last 5 NYR games: 1-2-2
Last 10 NYR games: 2-5-3Injuries
* Paul Mara has missed five games with a shoulder injury.
* The Rangers have lost 24 manpower games due to injury or illness this season.Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
The Wolf Pack (31-23-2-3, 67 pts.) won their season-high fourth straight game on Wednesday night, thumping the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins on the road, 5-1, despite being outshot by a margin of 40-25. The Pack tied a franchise high with two shorthanded goals in the game, and the win upped the club’s road record to two games over the .500 mark, 13-11-2-1. The Wolf Pack have won six of their last seven road contests and are 9-3-1-0 in their last 13 on the road. The Pack are back on home ice on Friday night (7:00), hosting Manchester (Los Angeles affiliate), and then visit Portland (Buffalo affiliate) Saturday (7:00).
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com