The Rangers face-off against the Edmonton Oilers tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.). The Blueshirts currently sit atop the Atlantic Division standings with a record of 11-5-1, and rank first in the Eastern Conference with 23 points. The Rangers enter tonight's contest having been defeated by the Capitals, 3-1, on Saturday at the Verizon Center, and have won five of their last eight games. Following tonight's match, the Rangers will travel to New Jersey to face-off against the Devils on Wednesday, Nov. 12, at the Prudential Center (7:00 p.m.). The Oilers, 7-6-1, currently rank ninth in the Western Conference standings with 15 points, and have lost two of their last three games.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN New York.
. Rangers vs Oilers Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers are 7-3-0 at home this season; The Oilers have posted a 5-6-0 record in 11 road contests.
* The Rangers have not faced a Northwest Division opponent this season; The Oilers have posted a 2-1-0 record vs. Atlantic Division opponents this season.
* The Rangers have held opponents scoreless on the power play in 11 of 17 games this season, allowing just seven goals in 66 times shorthanded (89.4%).
* New York tallied one goal in five power play opportunities (20.0%) last season vs. the Oilers.
* The Rangers have won five of their last six meetings with the Oilers at MSG, posting a 5-1-0 record during the stretch.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a 1-0-1 record with a 2.90 goals against average in two career regular season appearances vs. the Oilers.
* In last season's meeting at Rexall Place, Chris Drury and Dan Girardi
tied for the team lead with one goal each, and Scott Gomez tied for first on the club with one assist.
* Markus Naslund has registered 64 points (29 goals and 35 assists) in 69 career games vs. the Oilers; Drury has notched 16 points (nine goals and seven assists) in 31 career games vs. Edmonton; Nikolai Zherdev has recorded nine points (three goals and six assists) in 13 career contests vs. the Oilers.
* Rangers defensemen have combined to record 20 points (two goals and 18 assists) in the last six games.
* Girardi has recorded four points (one goal and three assists) in the last five games.
* Zherdev skated in his 300th NHL game on Saturday at Washington.
* Gomez is three assists shy of 400 career assists.
* Lauri Korpikoski, the Rangers' first round selection (19th overall) in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, has registered four goals and two assists for six points in six games with the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL); Korpikoski notched his first professional hat trick on Saturday vs. Springfield to capture AHL First Star of the Night honors.
* New York's roster lists one former Oiler; Stephen Valiquette (2003-04).
* Edmonton's roster lists one former Ranger; Jason Strudwick (2005-06, 2006-07 to 2007-08).All Time – Rangers vs. Oilers
At MSG: 11-14-6-0
At Edmonton: 13-12-3-12008-09 - Rangers vs. Oilers
Nov. 10 Rangers vs. Oilers at MSG2007-08 – Rangers vs. Oilers
Jan. 5 Rangers 2 vs. Oilers 3 (SO) at EdmontonUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Nov. 10 Rangers vs. Edmonton, 7 p.m.
Nov. 12 Rangers at New Jersey, 7 p.m.
Nov. 15 Rangers vs. Boston, 7 p.m.
Nov. 17 Rangers vs. Ottawa, 7 p.m.
Nov. 19 Rangers vs. Vancouver, 7:30 p.m.Recent New York Rangers Games
Last 5 NYR games: 2-3-0
Last 10 NYR games: 5-4-1Injuries
* The Rangers have lost three manpower games due to injury or illness this season.
Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
The Wolf Pack finished a season-high seven-game homestand 5-2-0, after a 4-3 overtime win over Springfield (Edmonton affiliate) Saturday night. The Pack are 5-2-0-1 in their last eight, after starting the season 1-3-0, and now play five of their next seven games, and nine of their next 12, on the road. Ken Gernander’s club heads to Grand Rapids (Detroit affiliate) Friday (7:00) for their first-ever meeting with the Griffins, and then visits the Lake Erie Monsters (Colorado affiliate) for the first time Sunday (3:00).
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com