The Rangers face-off against the Buffalo Sabres tonight at Madison Square Garden (7 p.m.) in the fourth of six games during a nine day stretch. The Blueshirts currently sit atop the Atlantic Division standings with a record of 5-0-0, and rank first in the Eastern Conference with 10 points. The Rangers enter tonight's contest having defeated the Devils, 4-1, Monday at Madison Square Garden, tying the team record for best start in franchise history (1983-84). Following tonight's match, the Rangers will host the Toronto Maple Leafs on Friday, October 17, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.) in the first game of a back-to-back set. The Sabres, 2-0-0, currently rank fifth in the Eastern Conference standings with four points following a 7-1 win on Monday at Long Island.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on AM 970 The Apple. Rangers vs. Sabres Pre-Game Notes
* With Monday's 4-1 win vs. the Devils, the Rangers improved to 5-0-0 tying the team record for best start in franchise history (1983-84).
* The Blueshirts' current five-game winning streak is the team's longest since winning five straight from Nov. 8-17, 2007; The last time the Rangers won six consecutive games was during the 2005-06 season, when New York posted a seven-game winning streak from Feb. 1, 2006 to March 2, 2006.
* The Rangers are 3-0-0 at MSG this season; The Sabres have posted a 1-0-0 record in one road contest.
* The Rangers have not faced a Northeast Division opponent this season; The Sabres have posted a 1-0-0 record vs. Atlantic Division opponents this season.
* The Rangers have notched a power play goal in four of their last five games, going five of 24 (20.8%) over the span.
* New York has held their opponents scoreless in 21 power play chances (100.0%) this season, including 11 of 11 (100.0%) at MSG.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a 5-2-1 record with a 2.00 goals against average in eight career regular season appearances vs. the Sabres; In four games last season, Lundqvist was 4-0-0 with a 1.71 goals against average.
* Brandon Dubinsky
led the Rangers with three goals and five assists for eight points in four games vs. Buffalo last season.
* Wade Redden
has registered 27 points (seven goals and 20 assists) in 59 career games vs. the Sabres; Scott Gomez has notched 22 points (seven goals and 15 assists) in 31 career games vs. Buffalo; Markus Naslund has collected 20 points (seven goals and 13 assists) in 26 career contests vs. the Sabres.
* Aaron Voros enters tonight's contest riding a four-game scoring streak, registering seven points (three goals and four assists) over the span; Nikolai Zherdev has at least one point in three consecutive contests, collecting five points (two goals and three assists) during the stretch.
* Dan Girardi
has collected four assists in the last two games.
* New York posted a 5-2-1 record in eight Wednesday contests last season.''
* Chris Doyle, the Rangers' fifth round selection (141st overall) in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, has registered five goals and five assists for 10 points in eight games with the Prince Edward Island Rocket of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL); He currently ranks third on the team in scoring (10 points), is tied for first in goals (five) and is tied for fourth in assists (five).
* New York lists two former Sabres on its roster; Chris Drury (2003-04 to 2006-07) and Dmitri Kalinin (1999-00 to 2007-08).
* Buffalo's roster lists no former Rangers.All Time – Rangers vs. Sabres
At MSG: 31-24-15-2
At Buffalo: 22-41-10-12008-09 - Rangers vs. Sabres
Oct. 15 Rangers vs. Sabres at MSG
Jan. 9 Rangers vs. Sabres at HSBC Arena
Feb. 21 Rangers vs. Sabres at HSBC Arena
March 21 Rangers vs. Sabres at MSG2007-08 – Rangers vs. Sabres
Jan. 16 Rangers 2 vs. Sabres 1 at MSG
Feb. 16 Rangers 5 vs. Sabres 1 at MSG
Feb. 23 Rangers 4 vs. Sabres 3 at Buffalo
March 10 Rangers 3 vs. Sabres 2 (SO) at BuffaloUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Oct. 15 Rangers vs. Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Oct. 17 Rangers vs. Toronto, 7 p.m.
Oct. 18 Rangers at Detroit, 7 p.m.
Oct. 20 Rangers vs. Dallas, 7 p.m.
Oct. 24 Rangers at Columbus, 7 p.m.Recent New York Rangers Games
Last 5 NYR games: 5-0-0Injuries
* NoneHighlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
The Wolf Pack began their twelfth season of play in the American Hockey League by splitting a pair of home games this past weekend. The Wolf Pack jumped out to a 3-0 first-period lead over Springfield (Edmonton afiliate) in the season opener Saturday, before the Falcons stormed back to score the final four goals of the game and pull out a 4-3 victory. The Wolf Pack lost despite outshooting Springfield by a total of 37-22. On Sunday vs. Bridgeport (Islanders affiliate), the Pack again enjoyed a significant shots advantage, 36-20, but had to go all the way to a shootout before knocking off the Sound Tigers by a score of 2-1. Hartford hits the road for the first time this weekend, with a two-game trip to the Province of Ontario. The Wolf Pack will be in Hamilton (Montreal affiliate) Friday (7:30), before heading on to Toronto (Maple Leafs affiliate) for a 7:00 game on Saturday.
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com