If you're a hockey fan who has never been to Toronto, it's fair to say that you've really missed something in life.
Toronto isn't just a city that loves hockey. Toronto is a city that lives
hockey. The Hockey Hall of Fame is there. The newspaper sports sections are full of hockey coverage, because the city has its own teams at every level of the sport. Even Wayne Gretzky, a native of nearby Brantford, opened his restaurant there.
More NHL players come from the Toronto area than any other city in the world. That group includes two of the current Rangers, Dominic Moore and Kevin Weekes, who spent their childhoods in Toronto.
When it comes to hockey, there's no place like Toronto. That's why the New York Rangers are pleased to partner with the Canadian Tourism Commission in offering our fans the chance to attend a Rangers game as part of a dream weekend in this true hockey mecca. Our exclusive new contest, the Ultimate Canadian Hockey Experience sweepstakes, doesn't just get you to Toronto, it also takes you out to the Rangers' morning skate as the personal guest of Stanley Cup champion Adam Graves, one of the many Rangers greats who call Toronto home.
The Ultimate Canadian Hockey Experience is every hockey fan's dream, as it includes:
- Roundtrip coach airfare for two to Toronto
- Three nights (Feb. 10th-12th) in deluxe hotel accommodations
- An exclusive invitation to attend Rangers' Feb. 11 morning skate with Adam Graves
- Two tickets to the Feb. 11 Rangers-Maple Leafs game at Air Canada Centre
- A tour of the Hockey Hall of Fame
- Additional activities in the city of Toronto
As a special bonus, the grand prize winner will also receive:
- Two Legends Box tickets for the Rangers' Feb. 8 game vs. Ottawa at Madison Square Garden.
That's two Rangers games in two cities, spread over three nights. Throw in a morning with Adam Graves and a visit to the hallowed Hall, and this really is the Ultimate Canadian Hockey Experience. The grand prize isn't limited to hockey activities, either, because the winner will be invited to "Keep Exploring" Toronto throughout the weekend with tickets to a well-known Canadian comedy club, dinner at a popular local restaurant, and much more.
There are three ways to enter the contest:
The deadline for entry is Feb. 3, 2006, at noon ET.
- Enter online at newyorkrangers.com by clicking here.
- Enter by mail (click here for details).
- Enter by filling out an entry form at one of the Canadian Tourism Commission's tables (Gates 65 and 72) during an upcoming Rangers home game between now and Feb. 3.
For more information, see the contest's official rules
. Please note that the contest is open only to residents of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
Toronto truly is the center of the hockey universe, and this is a trip no Rangers fan will ever forget. Good luck to all of our entrants!Official Entry Form (must be completed by Feb. 3, 2006)