The Nashville Predators will kick off the 2006-07 season at home Thursday night, battling the Central Division rival Chicago Blackhawks in a 7:00 p.m. game. In addition to the thrilling on-ice entertainment this season's Predators squad is bound to provide, there will be a variety of other activities taking place to kick off the season in grand fashion.
OPENING NIGHT HIGHLIGHTS
- All fans will receive a long-sleeved Predators t-shirt, courtesy of First Tennessee and FSN South.
- The Gaylord Entertainment Center will be abuzz with festivities on the plaza from 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m., with inflatable games, the interactive CMT Cross Country Experience and appearances by GNASH and the Nashville Predators Dancers. There will also be live music from The Lost Trailers!
- Recently retired NHL player Tom Fitzgerald, the first captain in Predators franchise history, will be on hand to drop the puck for the ceremonial first face-off before the game.
- Following the game, a selection of fans drawn at random will be invited to the ice to win the Predators game-worn jerseys, right off the players' backs. To register for the shirts-off-their-backs promotion, fans will need to fill out and turn in the entry form located inside their Predators Press game program.
- One lucky fan will also win a trip to Chicago to watch the Predators take on the Blackhawks on January 5 at the United Center - airfare, hotel and game tickets included.
Individual tickets for Thursday night's game are still available (order online). Tickets for the entire Predators' 2006-07 regular-season home schedule may be purchased online, at the GEC box office, all Ticketmaster outlets or by calling (615) 770-PUCK. Predators season-ticket packages are still available for as low as $156; visit the Ticket section of nashvillepredators.com or call (615) 770-PUCK for more details.