- Coach Trotz confirmed that Marcel Goc will be back in the lineup tonight. He will likely open the game centering Joel Ward and Colin Wilson
. Mike Fisher
will likely open the game centering Martin Erat
and Sergei Kostitsyn
. But coach indicated he might shuffle centers around a couple of lines depending on match-ups, situations, and level of play.
- Speaking of Goc, Coach Trotz was very complimentary of Marcel's versatility, noting he can play up and down the line-up. Coach said he plays with the detail and energy that works well on a defensive match-up line, but has also showed good skill when asked to play in more offensive oriented roles. Coach also stated that Goc can be used on the wing, noting that he hasn't been able to utelize Goc on the wing yet because of injuries down the middle --- but potentially hinting that Marcel could be slid to the wing if other centers get healthy (perhaps an eye toward future line permutations when Lombardi and O'Reilly return?).
- Marek Svatos participated in the full practice again today. It would be surprising to see Svatos in the lineup today, but based on the progress he's shown in practice the past few days it's not out of the question. More likely he could be inserted into the lineup later this week.
- As for the lineup with injured players returning to health, Coach Trotz was excited to have internal competition for ice time. It now gives the coaches the ability to rotate game lineups based on opponent and on-ice performance.
- Cody Franson was the last defenseman off the ice today. He spent extra time working on one-timers.
were among the last forwards off the ice. All three have been regular late-workers after practices this season.