Nashville, Tenn. (October 20, 2005) - The Nashville Predators announced today the addition of 11 regional affiliates to the club's radio broadcast network, led by Middle Tennessee flagship stations WGFX 104.5-FM (The Zone) and WNSR 560-AM (SportsRadio 560). The Predators Radio Network now features its most affiliates ever with member stations reaching over 625,000 additional listeners throughout Tennessee, Alabama and Kentucky.
Nashville Predators radio broadcasts feature the broadcast duo of play-by-play announcer Pete Weber and color commentator Terry Crisp, the voices of Nashville Predators hockey since the club's inaugural National Hockey League season of 1998-99.
The following stations will be the radio home of the Predators and the NHL in their markets:
- WHOP 1230-AM (Hopkinsville, KY)
- WBGN 1340-AM (Bowling Green, KY)
- WCDS 1440-AM (Glasgow, KY)
- WMLR 1230-AM (Hohenwald, TN)
- WDEF 1370-AM (Chattanooga, TN)
- WATO 1290-AM (Oak Ridge, TN)
- WGAP 1400-AM (Maryville, TN)
- WWTM 1400-AM (Decatur, AL)
- WHUB 1400-AM (Cookeville, TN)
- WAKI 1230-AM (McMinnville, TN)
- WUMP 730-AM (Huntsville, AL)
"With these new affiliates added to our already strong flagship stations, the Predators Radio Network has its biggest footprint ever," said Steve Violetta, executive vice president/business affairs for the Predators. "Having a voice in these markets is a key element in our strategy to expand the Predators brand beyond the Greater Nashville area, and regionalize our marketing."
Member affiliates will each broadcast partial schedules, totaling over 450 games. Check nashvillepredators.com's Radio page or your local listings for specific game broadcast information.