Nashville's top prospects are playing all over the world and perfecting their craft with the hope of one day skating for the Predators. Here's a look at how they're faring this season with their respective clubs, organizations and schools thus far. Here's the Preds Prospect Report for April 6, 2021.
American Hockey League (AHL)
Michael Carcone - RW - Tucson - (Acquired via trade with OTT)
- Fired at least three shots in each of his last four games... Tallied his sixth point of the season with an assist on March 26 at Ontario.
Lukas Craggs - LW - Chicago - (Signed as a free agent in 2019)
- Has skated in seven games for Chicago this season, recording two points (2a).
Luke Evangelista - RW - Chicago - (Drafted 42nd overall by NSH in 2020)
- Recorded his first career pro point (assist) on April 1 vs. Grand Rapids... Made his professional debut with Chicago on March 28.
Brandon Fortunato - D - Cleveland - (Signed as a free agent in 2019)
- Owns a +2 rating in eight games with Cleveland this season.
Patrick Harper - RW - Chicago - (Drafted 138th overall by NSH in 2016)
- Has appeared in eight AHL games for Chicago, with his last coming on March 13 at Iowa.
Tanner Jeannot - LW - Chicago - (Signed as a free agent in 2018)
- Tied for fourth in the AHL in plus-minus (+13) and tied for eighth in points (19) and goals (9)... The only AHL skater to score at least three power-play goals and two shorthanded goals this season... Is on an individual 11-game point streak (9g-10a) that began on Feb. 6... Also has scored in seven straight games (7g)... Both are the longest active such streaks in the AHL... Has recorded a point in all but one of his AHL contests this season.
Tyler Lewington - D - Chicago - (Signed as a free agent in 2020)
- Currently on Nashville's taxi squad... Skated in back-to-back games for Chicago on March 27-28, recording a combined +2 rating.
Tommy Novak - C - Chicago - (Drafted 85th overall by NSH in 2015)
- Currently on Nashville's taxi squad... Tied for fifth in the AHL in assists (13) and tied for 25th in points (16)... Posted his second game of the season with at least three points on March 27 vs. Rockford (3a)... Has six points (1g-5a) in his last four games.
Anthony Richard - C - Chicago - (Drafted 100th overall by NSH in 2015)
- Recorded consecutive two-point efforts on March 27 vs. Rockford (2a) and April 1 vs. Grand Rapids (2g).
Cole Smith - LW - Chicago - (Signed as a free agent in 2020)
- Scored his second goal of the AHL season on April 3 vs. Rockford.
Philip Tomasino - C - Chicago - (Drafted 24th overall by NSH in 2019)
- Tied for fourth in the AHL (and second among rookies) in plus-minus (+13)... Tied for fourth among AHL rookies in assists (10) and tied for sixth in points (15)... Currently on a three-game point streak (March 28-April 3) in which he's recorded four assists.
Josh Wilkins - C - Tucson - (Signed as a free agent in 2019)
- Has two points (1g-1a) in 15 games for Tucson this season.
Canadian Hockey League (OHL/QMJHL/WHL)
Luke Prokop - D - Calgary (WHL) - (Drafted 73rd overall by NSH in 2020)
- Has not played since March 27 due to an upper-body injury... Has three points (2g-1a) in his last five games after scoring his second goal of the season on March 26 at Edmonton.
National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
Alexander Campbell - C - Clarkson (ECAC) - (Drafted 65th overall by NSH in 2019)
- Finished his freshman season at Clarkson with 17 points (4g-13a) in 22 games... Tied for second on his team in points (17) and was second in assists (13)... Prior to the start of the NCAA Tournament, was 17th among NCAA freshmen in scoring... Began the season with an eight-game point streak (4g-10a) from Nov. 27-Jan. 1... Posted four multi-point outings, including a four-point effort (2g-2a) on Dec. 13 at Mercyhurst.
Marc Del Gaizo - D - UMass Amherst (Hockey East) - (Drafted 109th overall by NSH in 2019)
- Helped lead UMass Amherst to a spot in the 2021 Frozen Four, where they'll take on Minnesota Duluth on April 8... Recorded two assists in the Bridgeport Region final against Bemidji St. on March 27... Named to the Hockey East All-Star Third Team... Tallied a goal and an assist on March 17 vs. Providence... Had three goals in a four-game span from Feb. 26-March 17, including the overtime winner on Feb. 26 at Boston College... Tied for sixth among NCAA blueliners in plus-minus at +19.
David Farrance - D - Boston University (Hockey East) - (Drafted 92nd overall by NSH in 2017)
- Signed a two-year, entry-level contract with the Predators on March 28... Helped BU earn a spot in the NCAA Tournament, where they fell to St. Cloud St. in the first round on March 27... Named a Top 10 finalist for the Hobey Baker Award for the second consecutive season... Also named a Hockey East First Team All-Star... Led all NCAA defensemen and was third among all skaters in points per game (1.45)... Despite playing in just 11 games, tied for 12th in goals (5), tied for 21st in points (16) and tied for 32nd in assists (11) among NCAA defensemen.
Gunnarwolfe Fontaine - LW - Northeastern (Hockey East) - (Drafted 202nd overall by NSH in 2020)
- Closed out his freshman season at Northeastern with 15 points (6g-9a) in 21 games... Named to the Hockey East All-Rookie Team... Tied for fourth on his team in points (15)... Tied for 20th among NCAA freshmen in points... Earned Hockey East Rookie of the Week honors on Dec. 28.
Jachym Kondelik - C - Connecticut (Hockey East) - (Drafted 111th overall by NSH in 2018)
- Posted 22 points (4g-18a) in 23 games during his junior season at UConn... Named to the Hockey East All-Star Third Team... Finished his season with six points (4g-2a) in his final four games... Named the Hockey East Co-Player of the Week on March 8 after notching a hat trick and four points in UConn's regular-season finale on March 5 vs. Providence... Tied for eighth among all NCAA skaters in assists per game (.78) and tied for 14th in assists (18)... Led his team in assists and was second in points.
Chase McLane - C - Penn State (Big Ten) - (Drafted 209th overall by NSH in 2020)
- Tallied five points (3g-2a) in 19 games as a freshman for Penn State... Scored twice against Notre Dame on March 14 for his second multi-point game of the season.
Grant Mismash - LW - North Dakota (NCHC) - (Drafted 61st overall by NSH in 2017)
- Signed a two-year, entry-level contract with the Predators on Monday... Concluded his senior season at North Dakota by helping his team reach the final in the Fargo Region, where they fell to Minnesota Duluth in the fifth overtime... Scored in the first round of the NCAA Tournament against American International... Established a career high in goals with 10 and recorded 19 points, three shy of matching his high of 22 set as a freshman... Finished tied for fifth on his team in goals (10) and seventh in points (19)... Posted six multi-point games.
Luke Reid - D - New Hampshire (Hockey East) - (Drafted 166th overall by NSH in 2020)
- Finished his freshman season at New Hampshire with eight points (3g-5a) in 22 games... Closed out his season with four points (2g-2a) in his last four games, including his lone multi-point effort of the season on Feb. 19 (2a)... Scored in consecutive games on March 10 at Maine and March 14 at Boston College... Third among team defensemen in points.
Spencer Stastney - D - Notre Dame (Big Ten) - (Drafted 131st overall by NSH in 2018)
- Scored a career-high five goals for Notre Dame as a junior, helping lead his school to an NCAA Tournament nod... His junior season ended prior to the start of the NCAA Tournament as Notre Dame had to drop out due to COVID-19 protocol... Earned All-Big Ten Second Team honors, his first career All-Big Ten nod... Tied for the lead among Big Ten defensemen in goals... Tied for 12th among all NCAA defensemen in goals.
Egor Afanasyev - LW - CSKA Moscow (KHL) - (Drafted 45th overall by NSH in 2019)
- Tallied two goals in four postseason appearances for Krasnaya Armiya, which fell in the MHL quarterfinal to Dynamo Moscow... Has skated in two KHL postseason games for CSKA Moscow, which leads SKA Saint Petersburg, 2-0, in the Western Conference final.
Semyon Chistyakov - D - Avangard Omsk (KHL) - (Drafted 117th overall by NSH in 2019)
- Chistyakov and Avangard Omsk lead Ak Bars Kazan, 2-0, in the Eastern Conference final... Has skated in nine postseason games thus far, averaging 5:06 of ice time.
Juuso Parssinen - LW - TPS (Finland) - (Drafted 210th overall by NSH in 2019)
- Leads TPS in assists (32) and is second in points (40)... Leads all Liiga U21 players in assists and points... Fifth among all Liiga skaters in assists and is tied for 10th in points.
Isak Walther - LW - Södertälje (Sweden-Jr.) - (Drafted 179th overall by NSH in 2019)
- Committed to play collegiate hockey at the University of Vermont in the 2021-22 season.
Adam Wilsby - D - Skellefteå (Sweden) - (Drafted 101st overall by Nashville in 2020)
- Established a career high in games played (48) and matched his career high in goals with six, initially set as a member of Skellefteå's junior team in 2019-20... Second among team defensemen in points with 18 (6g-12a)... Third among U21 SHL defensemen in assists (12), fourth in points and tied for fourth in goals.
Iaroslav Askarov - G - SKA Saint Petersburg (KHL) - (Drafted 11th overall by NSH in 2020)
- Ended his junior hockey season with SKA-1964 Saint Petersburg by appearing in seven postseason games, posting a 2.37 goals-against average and .927 save percentage... His SKA Saint Petersburg club trails CSKA Moscow, 2-0, in the Western Conference final.
Devin Cooley - G - Florida (ECHL) - (Signed as a free agent by NSH in 2020)
- Reassigned to Florida (ECHL) from Chicago (AHL) on Monday... Earned the win in both of his first two career AHL starts... Won his last five starts for Florida (ECHL), allowing two-or-fewer goals in four of those games... Tied for sixth among ECHL goaltenders with at least 10 games in save percentage (.918) and seventh in goals-against average (2.52).
Ethan Haider - G - Clarkson (ECAC) - (Drafted 148th overall by NSH in 2019)
- Finished his freshman season at Clarkson with a 7-5-4 record, 2.00 goals-against average and .921 save percentage... Named the ECAC Rookie of the Year after posting a 1.58 goals-against average and .938 save percentage in conference play... Closed out the season losing just one of his final eight games... Allowed two-or-fewer goals in his final nine starts... Leads NCAA freshman goalies in goals-against average (2.00) and is fifth in save percentage (.921)... Among all NCAA goalies is 10th in goals-against average.
Konstantin Volkov - G - Yugra (Russia-2) - (Drafted 168th overall by NSH in 2016)
- Appeared in five postseason games for the VHL's Yugra, going 3-1 with a 1.90 goals-against average and .932 save percentage... Game 6 of his team's VHL semifinal series against Dynamo Saint Petersburg is set for April 6.
Tomas Vomacka - G - Connecticut (Hockey East) - (Drafted 154th overall by NSH in 2017)
- Finished his junior season at UConn with a 10-11-2 record, 2.84 goals-against average and .909 save percentage... Played every minute of UConn's 23 games... Named to the Hockey East All-Star Third Team... Faced 682 shots, the most among Hockey East goaltenders.