Nashville's top prospects are playing all over the world and perfecting their craft with the hope of one day skating for the Predators. Here's a look at how they're faring this season with their respective clubs, organizations and schools thus far. Here's the Preds Prospect Report for April 27, 2021.
American Hockey League (AHL)
Michael Carcone - RW - Tucson - (Acquired via trade with OTT)
- Fourth among AHL skaters in shots (96) and tied for sixth in goals (12)... Has eight goals and nine points in his last eight games, including a four-goal, 11-shot performance on April 9 vs. San Diego.
Lukas Craggs - LW - Chicago - (Signed as a free agent in 2019)
- Has skated in seven games for Chicago this season, recording two points (2a).
Luke Evangelista - RW - Chicago - (Drafted 42nd overall by NSH in 2020)
- Skated in six games for Chicago... Recorded his first career pro point (assist) on April 1 vs. Grand Rapids.
Patrick Harper - RW - Chicago - (Drafted 138th overall by NSH in 2016)
- Has appeared in 15 games for Chicago, posting two assists.
Tyler Lewington - D - Chicago - (Signed as a free agent in 2020)
- Currently on Nashville's taxi squad... Skated in back-to-back games for Chicago on March 27-28, recording a combined +2 rating.
Tommy Novak - C - Chicago - (Drafted 85th overall by NSH in 2015)
- Tied for the Chicago lead in assists (14) and is third in points (19)... Tied for 17th among AHL skaters in assists... Owns three points (2g-1a) in his last three games... Recorded his first multi-goal game of the season (2g) on April 26 at Grand Rapids, scoring the game-winner.
Anthony Richard - C - Chicago - (Drafted 100th overall by NSH in 2015)
- Tied for second among Chicago skaters in goals (9) and tied for fifth in points (14)... Has three goals and four points in his last two games... Scored two power-play goals on April 26 at Grand Rapids.
Cole Smith - LW - Chicago - (Signed as a free agent in 2020)
- Has three points (3g) in his last four games... Scored in consecutive games on April 17 and April 24... Tallied his first career two-goal game on April 17 at Rockford.
Philip Tomasino - C - Chicago - (Drafted 24th overall by NSH in 2019)
- After a stint on Nashville's taxi squad, returned to Chicago and has three points (2g-1a) in his last three games... Leads Chicago in points (23) and is tied for the team lead in assists (14)... Tied for ninth in the AHL (and tied for third among rookies) in plus-minus at +15... Third among AHL rookies in points; tied for third in assists and tied for eighth in goals (9).
Josh Wilkins - C - Tucson - (Signed as a free agent in 2019)
- Has three points (1g-2a) in 21 games for Tucson this season.
Canadian Hockey League (OHL/QMJHL/WHL)
Luke Prokop - D - Calgary (WHL) - (Drafted 73rd overall by NSH in 2020)
- Has five points (2g-3a) in 13 games this season... Recorded his first two-point game (2a) of the season on April 23 vs. Lethbridge.
National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
Alexander Campbell - C - Clarkson (ECAC) - (Drafted 65th overall by NSH in 2019)
- Finished his freshman season at Clarkson with 17 points (4g-13a) in 22 games... Tied for second on his team in points (17) and was second in assists (13)... Prior to the start of the NCAA Tournament, was 17th among NCAA freshmen in scoring... Began the season with an eight-game point streak (4g-10a) from Nov. 27-Jan. 1... Posted four multi-point outings, including a four-point effort (2g-2a) on Dec. 13 at Mercyhurst.
Marc Del Gaizo - D - UMass Amherst (Hockey East) - (Drafted 109th overall by NSH in 2019)
- Signed a three-year, entry-level contract with the Predators on April 20... Helped lead UMass Amherst to their first-ever NCAA Division I Championship... Became the second Predators draft pick (Colin Wilson, 2009 with BU) to earn a Frozen Four title... Capped off his junior season with 14 points (3g-11a) in 27 games... Named to the Hockey East All-Star Third Team... Had three goals in a four-game span from Feb. 26-March 17, including the overtime winner on Feb. 26 at Boston College... Fourth among NCAA blueliners in plus-minus at +21.
David Farrance - D - Boston University (Hockey East) - (Drafted 92nd overall by NSH in 2017)
- Signed a two-year, entry-level contract with the Predators on March 28... Helped BU earn a spot in the NCAA Tournament, where they fell to St. Cloud St. in the first round on March 27... Named a Top 10 finalist for the Hobey Baker Award for the second consecutive season... Also named a Hockey East First Team All-Star... Led all NCAA defensemen and was third among all skaters in points per game (1.45)... Despite playing in just 11 games, tied for 12th in goals (5), tied for 21st in points (16) and tied for 32nd in assists (11) among NCAA defensemen.
Gunnarwolfe Fontaine - LW - Northeastern (Hockey East) - (Drafted 202nd overall by NSH in 2020)
- Closed out his freshman season at Northeastern with 15 points (6g-9a) in 21 games... Named to the Hockey East All-Rookie Team... Tied for fourth on his team in points (15)... Tied for 20th among NCAA freshmen in points... Earned Hockey East Rookie of the Week honors on Dec. 28.
Jachym Kondelik - C - Connecticut (Hockey East) - (Drafted 111th overall by NSH in 2018)
- Posted 22 points (4g-18a) in 23 games during his junior season at UConn... Named to the Hockey East All-Star Third Team... Finished his season with six points (4g-2a) in his final four games... Named the Hockey East Co-Player of the Week on March 8 after notching a hat trick and four points in UConn's regular-season finale on March 5 vs. Providence... Tied for eighth among all NCAA skaters in assists per game (.78) and tied for 14th in assists (18)... Led his team in assists and was second in points.
Chase McLane - C - Penn State (Big Ten) - (Drafted 209th overall by NSH in 2020)
- Tallied five points (3g-2a) in 19 games as a freshman for Penn State... Scored twice against Notre Dame on March 14 for his second multi-point game of the season.
Grant Mismash - LW - North Dakota (NCHC) - (Drafted 61st overall by NSH in 2017)
- Signed a two-year, entry-level contract with the Predators on April 5... Concluded his senior season at North Dakota by helping his team reach the final in the Fargo Region, where they fell to Minnesota Duluth in the fifth overtime... Scored in the first round of the NCAA Tournament against American International... Established a career high in goals with 10 and recorded 19 points, three shy of matching his high of 22 set as a freshman... Finished tied for fifth on his team in goals (10) and seventh in points (19)... Posted six multi-point games.
Luke Reid - D - New Hampshire (Hockey East) - (Drafted 166th overall by NSH in 2020)
- Finished his freshman season at New Hampshire with eight points (3g-5a) in 22 games... Closed out his season with four points (2g-2a) in his last four games, including his lone multi-point effort of the season on Feb. 19 (2a)... Scored in consecutive games on March 10 at Maine and March 14 at Boston College... Third among team defensemen in points.
Spencer Stastney - D - Notre Dame (Big Ten) - (Drafted 131st overall by NSH in 2018)
- Scored a career-high five goals for Notre Dame as a junior, helping lead his school to an NCAA Tournament nod... His junior season ended prior to the start of the NCAA Tournament as Notre Dame had to drop out due to COVID-19 protocol... Earned All-Big Ten Second Team honors, his first career All-Big Ten nod... Tied for the lead among Big Ten defensemen in goals... Tied for 12th among all NCAA defensemen in goals.
Egor Afanasyev - LW - CSKA Moscow (KHL) - (Drafted 45th overall by NSH in 2019)
- Has skated in four KHL playoff games for CSKA Moscow, which trails Semyon Chistyakov and Avangard Omsk in the Gagarin Cup Final, 3-2... Game 6 is Wednesday.
Semyon Chistyakov - D - Avangard Omsk (KHL) - (Drafted 117th overall by NSH in 2019)
- Averaging 7:39 of ice time with two points (1g-1a) in 19 KHL playoff games for Avangard Omsk... Can win the Gagarin Cup in Wednesday's Game 6 against CSKA Moscow.
Juuso Parssinen - LW - TPS (Finland) - (Drafted 210th overall by NSH in 2019)
- Has four assists in five postseason games for TPS, which will take on HIFK in the Liiga semifinals.
Isak Walther - LW - Södertälje (Sweden-Jr.) - (Drafted 179th overall by NSH in 2019)
- Committed to play collegiate hockey at the University of Vermont in the 2021-22 season.
Adam Wilsby - D - Skellefteå (Sweden) - (Drafted 101st overall by Nashville in 2020)
- Owns two assists in 10 playoff games... Wilsby and Skellefteå trail Rogle BK, 2-1, in their semifinal series.
Iaroslav Askarov - G - SKA Saint Petersburg (KHL) - (Drafted 11th overall by NSH in 2020)
- His KHL season ended after SKA Saint Petersburg was defeated by CSKA Moscow in the Gagarin Cup semifinals... Went 5-4-0 in nine KHL appearances with a 1.21 goals-against average and .951 save percentage.
Devin Cooley - G - Florida (ECHL) - (Signed as a free agent by NSH in 2020)
- Won six of his last eight starts for Florida (ECHL), allowing two-or-fewer goals in four of those games.
Ethan Haider - G - Clarkson (ECAC) - (Drafted 148th overall by NSH in 2019)
- Finished his freshman season at Clarkson with a 7-5-4 record, 2.00 goals-against average and .921 save percentage... Named the ECAC Rookie of the Year after posting a 1.58 goals-against average and .938 save percentage in conference play... Closed out the season losing just one of his final eight games... Allowed two-or-fewer goals in his final nine starts... Leads NCAA freshman goalies in goals-against average (2.00) and is fifth in save percentage (.921)... Among all NCAA goalies is 10th in goals-against average.
Konstantin Volkov - G - Yugra (Russia-2) - (Drafted 168th overall by NSH in 2016)
- Won the VHL's championship with Yugra... Appeared in seven postseason games, going 4-2 with a 2.10 goals-against average and .920 save percentage.
Tomas Vomacka - G - Connecticut (Hockey East) - (Drafted 154th overall by NSH in 2017)
- Signed a two-year, entry-level contract with the Predators on April 15...Finished his junior season at UConn with a 10-11-2 record, 2.84 goals-against average and .909 save percentage... Played every minute of UConn's 23 games... Named to the Hockey East All-Star Third Team... Faced 682 shots, the most among Hockey East goaltenders.