Sometimes an interview setting can create some great discussion. Oftentimes, when players and coaches get away from the rink, the looser environment can allow them to open up. Such was the case with the Eric Nystrom Show on the Predators flagship station 102.5 The Game last Wednesday night.
This past show’s format was unique, in that for the first time, the Preds player host invited his coach to be his guest (normally it's a teammate). Nashville Head Coach Peter Laviolette, whose normal approach in a media setting is business-like, exchanged some great stories with Nystrom and a large audience over at Tin Roof on Broadway. Here a a few highlights to look for:
- Nystrom on what makes James Neal effective.
- Laviolette on how tough it is to send a player to the minors, and how he can relate from his own experience.
- Laviolette on his first shift in the NHL for the New York Rangers, and why it only lasted approximately four seconds!
- Nystrom asks Laviolette about a memorable motivational speech in the locker room. Laviolette tells quite a story here.
- Laviolette asks Nystrom about his DJ ability and musical tastes.
- The new coach’s challenge system is discussed in detail.
- Filip Forsberg's dazzling shootout move versus Tampa Bay is reflected on by both Nystrom and Laviolette.
- College teams from Vanderbilt University, Middle Tennessee State University and Trevecca Nazarene University all ask questions to both Nystrom and Laviolette (both individuals are former college players themselves).
Enjoy, and join us for future Eric Nystrom shows throughout the season!
|Eric Nystrom Show Schedule (7 pm Start) |
|November 11 |
|November 18 |
|December 2 |
|January 6 |
|February 3 |
|February 17 |
|March 2 |
|March 23 |