As part of the activities surrounding NHL Fights Cancer Month during the month of October, the Nashville Predators organization will be taking part in the "Light the Night" walk in downtown Nashville on Thursday, Oct. 16.
Predators employees, including player Jed Ortmeyer, will be walking the two mile route, which starts at LP Field at 7 pm and continues into downtown Nashville.
On October 25 the Predators will host a Hockey Fights Cancer game at Sommet Center when the Preds face the LA Kings
. Activities at the October 25 game will include:
• Preds Mystery Puck ($25 each) with proceeds going to Leukemia Lymphoma Society
• JP Dumont will host youth cancer survivors & patients from Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt Hospital in a private suite
• Make-A-Wish families will attend the game courtesy of the Predators Foundation & Zebras Care (the NHL Officials' charity foundation
• Special single-game ticket promotion with proceeds going back to local cancer organizations
• Other special T-shirts and recognitions throughout the gameIf you are unable to attend the "Light the Night" walk, but are interested in donating, click here.