Q & A Special Debuts Monday, January 19 at 6:30 p.m. CT on FOX Sports Tennessee Before Predators Host Devils at 7 p.m. CT in HD
FOX Sports Tennessee asks how well you know your favorite Nashville Predator in Nashville Predators Straight Up #2, a 30-minute offbeat question and answer special showcasing a lighter side of several Predators players. Hosted by Nashville Predators’ sideline reporter Mark Howard, Nashville Predators Straight Up #2 premieres on FOX Sports Tennessee on Monday, January 19 at 6:30 p.m. CT before the Predators host the New Jersey Devils in high definition at 7 p.m. CT. Nashville Predators Straight Up #2 is a SportSouth Originals production.
Nashville Predators Straight Up #2 has additional airings on FOX Sports Tennessee Tuesday, February 10 at 6 p.m. CT and Saturday, February 21 at 7 p.m. CT.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
· “It was my first season, I jumped on the ice and I still had skate guards on my skates. I fell down and everyone was laughing at me.” – Martin Erat
· “For my first game down here they told me to lead the team out on the ice, but the guys let me do my own lap. I looked back and there was no one else out on the ice. I was out there by myself for about ten seconds at the start of warm-up.” – David Legwand
What is the worst job you had growing up?
· “Cleaning houseboats – all of the gunk and stuff people leave inside for you when they get back from their trips.” – Shea Weber
· “Probably at the rink. My dad is part owner of a rink back in Madison. I had to clean the locker rooms and toilets and stuff when I was younger.” – Ryan Suter
What is your least favorite food?
· “I eat everything. I can’t think of anything I would not eat. I’ll eat brains, tongue, heart, liver, caribou, whales, seals, geese…pretty much anything that moves on land or swims.” – Jordin Tootoo
· “The one thing I tried once and I will never touch again is oysters. Definitely – never again.” – J.P. Dumont
Which actor would play you in a movie?
· “Christian Bale, I think, because my wife loves him to death. And Batman is pretty cool and so am I.” – Jason Arnott
· “Probably Johnny Depp. Calm, cool and collected; easy going guy. That’s the way I roll.” – Jordin Tootoo
SportSouth has created appointment viewing for its SportSouth Originals franchise. A two-hour block of SportSouth Originals begins every Sunday night at 8 p.m. ET and includes programs such as Under the Lights; In My Own Words; Spotlight; At Home and Straight Up. In the past two years, the regional sports networks serving the Southeast and SportSouth have received 14 Emmy Awards from the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS) Southeast Chapter, seven of which were awarded to the Original Programming team.
The regional sports networks serving the Southeast – FOX Sports South, FOX Sports Carolinas and FOX Sports Tennessee – collectively reach more than 12 million cable and satellite television households in seven states in the Southeast and are the television home of the Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Hawks, Carolina Hurricanes, Charlotte Bobcats, Memphis Grizzlies and the Nashville Predators, as well as the Atlantic Coast Conference and the Southeastern Conference. SportSouth reaches more than nine million homes in six Southeastern states and is the television home of the Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Thrashers and Southern Conference. SportSouth also offers expanded coverage of the University of Georgia, University of South Carolina and University of Tennessee. Combined, the four networks produce more than 800 live local events each year, including 180 in high definition.