Penguins fans have a chance to vote for some of the greatest games in franchise history as the Pens team up with Warner Home Video and the NHL to present “Pittsburgh Penguins Greatest Games, Vol. 2.”
The collector’s edition set will feature six discs – the five games selected by the fans, and a special bonus 6th disc. Click here
and vote for your top five games from the list below and you could win a pair of tickets to the 2011 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic at Heinz Field and a free box set of Pittsburgh Penguins Greatest Games, Vol. 2. Voting ends November 13, 2010 and certain restrictions apply.
The original “Pittsburgh Penguins Greatest Games” was released in 2007.
The 11 games being considered for Vol. 2, in chronological order, are: May 11, 1991
– Penguins vs. Bruins, Game 6 of Conference Finals at Civic Arena – Penguins win, 5-3, to advance to the Stanley Cup Final for the first time in franchise history, and Mike Lange proclaims, “We’re going dancing with Lord Stanley!” May 9, 1992
– Penguins vs. Rangers, Game 4 of Second Round at Civic Arena – Trailing late, the Penguins stage a dramatic rally and Ron Francis scores the game-winner in overtime. May 26, 1992
– Penguins vs. Blackhawks, Game 1 of Cup Final at Civic Arena – Pens rally from deficits of 3-0 and 4-1; Jaromir Jagr scores a breathtaking goal to tie it and Mario Lemieux bangs in the game-winner with seconds remaining. January 26, 1997
– Penguins vs. Canadiens at Molson Centre – Lemieux ties an NHL record with four goals in the third period in a 5-2 win. November 10, 2005
– Penguins vs. Canadiens at Mellon Arena – Rookie Sidney Crosby
scores a dramatic shootout goal for the Pens’ first-ever shootout victory. January 1, 2008
– Penguins vs. Sabres at Ralph Wilson Stadium – With the snow falling, Crosby beats Ryan Miller in a shootout for the game-winner at the inaugural Winter Classic. June 2, 2008
– Penguins vs. Detroit, Game 5 of Cup Final at Joe Louis Arena – Max Talbot ties the score with less than a minute to play and Petr Sykora wins it in the third overtime as the resilient Pens force a sixth game in Pittsburgh. April 25, 2009
– Penguins vs. Flyers, Game 6 of First Round at Wachovia Center – Talbot hushes the crowd and the Penguins storm back from a 3-0 deficit to eliminate the rival Flyers and advance to the second round. June 9, 2009
– Penguins vs. Red Wings, Game 6 of Cup Final at Mellon Arena – Marc-Andre Fleury
stars in net and Jordan Staal
and Tyler Kennedy
score the goals as the Pens win, 2-1, to force a decisive Game 7 in Detroit. June 12, 2009
– Penguins vs. Red Wings, Game 7 at Joe Louis Arena – Talbot scores twice and Fleury makes a dramatic late save as the Penguins defeat defending champion Detroit on the road, 2-1, to claim the Stanley Cup. April 8, 2010
– Penguins vs. Islanders at Mellon Arena – The highlight of the final regular season game in the history of Mellon Arena may have been the extensive pre-game ceremony, which featured more than 50 former Penguins. The current Pens went on to defeat the New York Islanders. The footage also includes a post-game tribute to the arena.