VERIZON GAME DAY REPORT
Celina Pompeani and I team up to bring you tonight's Verizon Game Day Report. --Sam Kasan
PENSTV SOUNDSidney Crosby Chris Kunitz Kris Letang Brandon Sutter --Sam Kasan
QUOTE 'EM--Sam Kasan, Michelle Crechiolo & Joey Sykes
Here are some highlights from coach Johnston's post-skate media session...
- Pens will use same lineup tonight, may change tomorrow with back-to-back games
- If Bortuzzo has a solid practice Friday in Nashville then he'll be very close to returning
Fleury not wearning the all gold pads at morning skate
Greiss gets some early practice work
Hornqvist smiling like a butcher's dog
Coach Johnston going over the drills
Asst. coach Tocchet has been on both sides of the Pittsburgh-Philadelphia rivalry
Goc rips a shot
Scuderi giggles at Ehrhoff's jokes
Downie switches to the Black and Gold for tonight's rivalry--Sam Kasan & Joey Sykes
PENS SKATE INFO
The only players missing from the Pens morning skate are recent recalls Harrington and Ebbett. Both were in the lineup last night for WBS in Albany so they are probably en route to Pittsburgh.
The Pens used the following workflow...
No changes on the power-play units.--Sam Kasan
The beautiful Celina Pompeani gives you the latest trends in the Pens universe. --Sam Kasan
PENS RECALL 2 FROM WBS
The Pens recalled defenseman Scott Harrington and forward Andrew Ebbett from WBS this morning. Release here.--Sam Kasan
DETROIT ROCK CITY
Which four Pens dressed up as the members of KISS? Get that and the rest of the team's Halloween costume highlights from their annual team Halloween party here. --Sam Kasan
DSG PLAYS OF THE WEEK --Sam Kasan
(Stick tap: EvanSchall)--Sam Kasan
SCOUTING THE FLYERS --Sam Kasan
START ME UP
Good morning hockey fans! Tonight the Pens host cross-state rival Philadelphia for the first time this season in an 8 p.m. national prime time matchup. It will also be the first time Pittsburgh wears their new third jerseys, an ode to the early 1990s. Here are some game notes to get you ready for the action...
- The Penguins complete their three-game homestand against the Philadelphia Flyers (TV: NBC Sports Network; Radio: 105.9 the X) at CONSOL Energy Center.
- Pittsburgh plays its second-straight Metropolitan Division contest after defeating the Islanders on Saturday.
- Last year, Pittsburgh won 20 of its 30 division contests, four more than the next-closest Metro teams.
- Tonight Pittsburgh is looking to reverse a trend where it has lost the season series to the Flyers three of the past four years. -Beginning with tomorrow’s game in Detroit, the Penguins will play seven of their next 10 games on the road. The Penguins won their only road contest of the season, 5-2, in Toronto on Oct. 11.
- Tonight the Penguins begin the front half of back-to-back games. Pittsburgh will play 17 sets of back-to-backs in ’14-15. Last year, the Penguins had an overall record of 20-11-3 in back-to-backs; including 9-6-2 the first night and 11-5-1 in the second game.
(Stick tap: Pens PR)
Tonight the Pens break out these beauties...
Brings back memories of these.... --Sam Kasan