GAME DAY REPORT
Celina Pompeani & Sam Kasan discuss Pascal Dupuis and the Pens taking on the New York Islanders tonight at CONSOL Energy Center. --Michelle Crechiolo
PENSTV INTERVIEWSPascal Dupuis Kris Letang Sidney Crosby Chris Kunitz --Michelle Crechiolo
Linemates Tavares and Okposo, who have combined for 16 points in the first 4 games, share a laugh
Goaltender Jaroslav Halak
Former Pen Brian Strait--Michelle Crechiolo and Joey Sykes
QUOTE 'EM--Sam Kasan & Michelle Crechiolo
DUPUIS SPEAKS ABOUT INCIDENT
On the play, Dupuis was positioned in front of the net when Stars defenseman Alex Goligoski crosschecked him in the back. Dupuis fell to the ice just as teammate Kris Letang was lining up for a shot on goal.
“I got pushed from behind, went down and I knew the puck was coming so I tried to cover myself,” Dupuis said. “I left the back of my neck area open. The puck dipped and hit me in the neck.”Full story here. --Sam Kasan
Head coach Mike Johnston had a few updates on his team...
- Dupuis will be a game-time decision
- Bortuzzo may join practice next week, at least the first part of practice
- Bennett is a week to 10 days before he can join a portoin of practice
Scuderi with the one-footer
Letang and Johnston compare hair products
Fleury set in his stance
Crosby. That is all
Martin almost gets ketchup spilled on his arm
Kunitz lets 'er rip
As does Crosby
Goc shows perfect form
Greiss working the butterfly technique--Sam Kasan & Joey Sykes
MORNING SKATE INFO
All the expected players were at the Pens' morning skate, including Pascal Dupuis. It looks like the team is swapping 3rd- and 4th-line centers Nick Spaling and Marcel Goc. The team used the following workflow...
(Stick tap: Evan Schall)--Sam Kasan
SCOUTING THE ISLES --Sam Kasan
START ME UP
Good morning hockey fans. Tonight the Pens host the undefeated NY Islanders (4-0) at CONSOL Energy Center. It will be the first meeting between the two clubs. Pittsburgh is looking to bounce back from a heartbreaking 3-2 loss to the Dallas Stars on Thursday and hope to hand the Isles their first loss of the season.
The big question today centers around the availability of winger Pascal Dupuis. He suffered a scare when a Kris Letang shot hit him in the back of the neck. He needed a stretcher to get off the ice. But on Friday he skated in warmup gear and is a possibility to play tonight. Full story here
Here are some game notes to get you ready for the game...
- The Penguins continue along their three-game homestand against the New York Islanders (TV: ROOT SPORTS; Radio: 105.9 the X) at CONSOL Energy Center.
- This is the Penguins first Metropolitan Division game of the season. Last year, Pittsburgh won 20 of its 30 division contests, four more than the next-closest Metro teams.
- Last season the Penguins went 3-1 against the Islanders, the seventh consecutive year that the Penguins have finished with a winning record against the Islanders.
- Pittsburgh’s record against the Islanders at CONSOL Energy Center is 8-3.
- Tonight’s game is a matchup of the top-two power-play units in the NHL. Both teams have scored six times on the man-advantage this season.
(Stick tap: Pens PR)
Today we'll start the day with an impressive remake of the Beach Boys' "God Only Knows." It features a star-filled cast with talents like Pharrell, Sir Elton John, Elton John, Stevie Wonder, Dave Grohl and Brian Wilson himself.
Enjoy. --Sam Kasan