QUOTE 'EM--Michelle Crechiolo
PENSTV SOUNDSteve Downie Robert Bortuzzo --Sam Kasan
Pens head coach Mike Johnston had a few injury updates following practice/morning skate...
- If practice goes well on Friday, he's hoping that both Sidney Crosby and Chris Kunitz will be cleared to play on Saturday against Minnesota.
- Dupuis has been cleared for full contact and they're hoping he will be cleared to play one of the Pens' last two preseason games, "maybe two. We'll cross our fingers on the second one."
- Malkin hasn't skated yet. He hasn't required any additional testing or evaluation, they're just waiting out the injury as of now.
- Carcillo's dealing with a foot injury that he carried over from last year. The doctors checked it when he got to training camp and he was on the ice going through a lot of the drills, but 2-3 days ago they took him off since his foot was bugging him a little bit. They wanted to get a further evaluation on it.
- They're hoping he’s going to be able to skate full out on Friday and get him in a game on Saturday.
That guy in green looks familiar
Another of Parise
Oh that green guy is Matt Cooke!!
Haula, Haula, Haula, we dem boys
Wild GM Chuck Fletcher--Sam Kasan & Joey Sykes
Despres with the slap shot
Downie doing some laps
Sutter on point
Kapanen eyes up the target--Sam Kasan
While we await the start of the morning skate, check out our new video segment Pens Trends with Celina Pompeani. --Sam Kasan
NON-GAME GROUP PICS
Dupuis looks better in black than red
Kunitz and Crosby tilt the helmet
Look at this guy. Cooke watching the Pens practice
And of course sharing a laugh with the boys
Letang, short hair, don't care
Crosby and Kunitz communicate telepathically
Crosby with a determined look
Speaking of former Pens, Wild head coach Mike Yeo watches the Pittsburgh skate
Double end session
Crosby chats with Yeo on the bench after practice--Sam Kasan
PENS NON-GAME PRACTICE
The Pens non-game group was on the ice this morning. Sidney Crosby and Chris Kunitz both took part in the session. Evgeni Malkin was not at the skate and still hasn't hit the ice yet this training camp. Winger Pascal Dupuis was NOT wearing the red limited-contact jersey that he's donned the past week. --Sam Kasan
TONIGHT'S ROSTER--Sam Kasan
Looks like Minnesota is dressing all of their star players including Mikko Koivu, Zach Parise, Thomas Vanek, and Jason Pominville. Former Pen Matt Cooke is in the lineup as well. Should be interesting to see how the Pens' D matches up against their skill guys.
PENS TRIM ROSTER
And then there were 37.
The Pens have reduced their training camp roster to 37 players.
Thirteen players were sent to WBS: goaltenders Matt Murray and Eric Hartzell; forwards Scott Wilson, Josh Archibald, Anton Zlobin, Jean-Sebastien Dea, Matia Marcantuoni, Tom Kuhnhackl, Adam Payerl, Bryan Rust and Nick Drazenovic; and defensemen Nick D’Agostino and Harrison Ruopp.
Goaltender Tristan Jarry has been assigned to his junior team, the Edmonton Oil Kings of the Western Hockey League – the defending WHL and Memorial Cup champions.
Four players have been released and will report to WBS training camp: forwards Tom Kostopoulos and Conor Sheary and defensemen Alex Boak and Clark Seymour.--Sam Kasan
START ME UP
Tonight the Pens will host the Minnesota Wild in their third preseason game of the 2014-15 campaign. Pittsburgh's non-game group will be on the ice at 9 a.m., followed by a morning skate at 10:30 a.m. The Wild are in town and they'll hit the ice at 11:30 a.m. for their own skate. --Sam Kasan