A chance to skate with Mario Lemieux, to be an NHL “Photographer for A Game” or to make your own Penguins commercial for ROOT SPORTS are among the silent auction items up for bid in the “Penguins Charity Auction on ROOT SPORTS” on Friday, Jan. 20.
The Penguins host the Montreal Canadiens that night at 7 p.m. at CONSOL Energy Center, and the auction will be a highlight of both the game-night experience and the ROOT SPORTS television broadcast.
In addition to the silent auction, 1,500 “Penguins Auction Prize Bags” will be on sale for $250 on game night.
All proceeds benefit the Mario Lemieux Foundation for cancer research and neonatal research, and Pittsburgh Penguins Foundation youth charities.
The silent auction will be highlighted during the Jan. 20 game but it will be held online from Wednesday, Jan. 18 through Wednesday, Jan. 25. Among the silent auction items:
- Skate with Mario Lemieux at CONSOL Energy Center (four people for 30 minutes)
- Foursome in the Mario Lemieux Celebrity Invitational (three people with a celebrity, one night of overnight accommodations at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort)
- Penguins Game Experience: Four “bench seats” for the Pens’ Feb. 12 game vs. Tampa Bay at CONSOL Energy Center; dinner for four in the Lexus Club; a limo ride to the game from anywhere in the Greater Pittsburgh area and an autographed Evgeni Malkin jersey
- “Be an NHL Photographer for a Game”—a chance for your child (aged 12-16) to photograph the game with team photographer Greg Shamus when the Penguins host Winnipeg on Saturday, Feb. 11 Also includes two tickets to the game for parents/guardians, and a full behind-the-scenes experience.
- A luxury suite at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia for the Penguins-Flyers game on Sunday, March 18 – the suite has 12 seats, with food included.
- ROOT SPORTS “Root For Your Penguins Commercial and Viewing Party” – a chance for you and four guests to star in your own ROOT SPORTS commercial showing how you “ROOT for the Penguins.”
On game night Jan. 20, meanwhile, 1,500 “Penguins Auction Prize Bags” will be available for sale – 1,000 online at www.pittsburghpenguins.com
, and 500 at CONSOL Energy Center, in the area above the Trib Total Media lobby.
The bags each contain seven items:
- Autographed Penguins puck
- Penguins hat
- Penguins performance t-shirt
- Bottle of melted ice from Mellon Arena
- Print of the Mario Mosaic
- Penguins calendar
- Special mystery item