Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto is helping to launch the Penguins’ “My Playoff Moment” promotion with his recollection of the team’s stunning Game 1 victory against Chicago in the 1992 Stanley Cup finals.
The “My Playoff Moment” initiative features a series of videos where Penguins’ fans, broadcasters and former players recall their favorite highlights from the Pens’ playoff history.
Fans are invited to join the conversation with their favorite moments using #WitnessGreatness.
Here is a link to the Mayor’s video:
Other fan initiatives for the playoffs include:
· The First Niagara Fan Zone Ticket Contest – First Niagara has purchased 50 pairs of tickets to each home playoff game. Fans may enter to win a pair of tickets in the Fan Zone at www.pittsburghpenguins.com/fanzone.
· Pens’ playoff yard signs are available now for free at Dick’s Sporting Goods stores
· The Penguins will distribute black and gold rally towels at each home playoff game (9,000 black, 9,000 gold)
· The Miller Lite Party Plaza will be open at the Verizon gate for all playoff home games
· The annual Penguins’ playoff Beard-A-Thon is underway now.
· Social media contests throughout the playoffs (details to come)
Unfortunately, the Penguins will not be able to host the outdoor big screen for playoff games this year because of construction taking place on the site of the former Civic Arena.