The Penguins begin a 5-game road swing with a stop in Minnesota against the Wild.
MATCH: Penguins vs. Wild
TIME: 8 p.m. EST
PLACE: Xcel Energy Center
TV: AT&T SportsNet
RADIO: 105.9 FM, the X
1. Matt Murray is on a 7-game winning streak. In that span he has a 1.99 GAA and .936 save percentage. Murray has yet to lose in regulation this season (7-0-1).
2. Phil Kessel, who played 1 season of college hockey at the University of Minnesota (2005-06), scored back-to-back overtime winning goals, the 1st Pens player to do so since Aleksey Morozov (March 19, 2004 and March 21, 2004).
3. Jake Guentzel played high school hockey at Hill-Murray in St. Paul.
4. Matt Cullen will face the Pens for the first time since signing with Minnesota in the summer. Cullen was a part of the Pens' back-to-back Stanley Cup championships in his only 2 seasons in Pittsburgh. He posted 63 points (29G-34A) in 154 regular-season games, and was an alternate captain on the team. Cullen turns 41 on Thursday and is the 2nd-oldest player in the NHL (Jaromir Jagr).
5. Eric Staal, who also a birthday Thursday (33), has 52 points (22G-30A) in 51 career games against Pittsburgh.
PIT - Matt Hunwick (concussion), Carter Rowney (hand), Justin Schultz (concussion).
MIN - Zach Parise (microdiscectomy), Charlie Coyle (right fibula fracture), Nino Niederreiter (high left ankle sprain), Landon Ferraro (hip flexor).
*The Pens had perfect attendance at the morning skate of their healthy players.
*Pittsburgh used the following workflow...
*Murray will start in goal.