The Pens face the Buffalo Sabres for the first game in back-to-back, home-and-home series.
MATCH: Penguins vs. Sabres
TIME: 7 p.m. EST
PLACE: KeyBank Center
TV: AT&T SportsNet
RADIO: 105.9 FM, the X
1. Evgeni Malkin has missed the past 4 games with an upper-body injury. He said he is ready to play, but the coaches have ruled him a game-time decision.
2. Defenseman Ian Cole has been a healthy scratch for the last 3 games. He appears to be re-entering the lineup tonight judging from Thursday's line combinations at practice.
3. Blueliner Justin Schultz, who worked with the top PP unit at Thursday's practice, has a 3-game scoring streak with 5 total assists.
4. Evander Kane has 12 goals on the season, with 3 coming shorthanded, and 15 points (5G-10A) in his last 15 games against Pittsburgh.
5. Kyle Okposo has more goals (14) and points (32) against the Pens than any other franchise.
PIT - Evgeni Malkin (upper-body).
BUF - Zach Bogosian (lower-body), Taylor Fedun (lower-body), Jacob Josefson (ankle).
* The Pens held an optional morning skate. The only absent players were Sidney Crosby and Phil Kessel. Forward Josh Archibald was re-assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.